Wendy's chili & McDonald's salads

glad2balive
on 4/5/13 3:28 am, edited 4/5/13 3:43 am

I am about 4 years out and wondering if I am supposed to be eating about 1 cup of food? Does a small Wendy's chili and McD's grilled chicken salad equate to that? Or is the salad two meals? Thanks for your help. I am doing my best to meet all my body's needs since I have a hard time feeling full. I am still trying to lose (due to meds.) and do not want to gain. Thanks again!

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

Neen L.
on 4/5/13 3:44 am - Arlington, VA

I don't think that is an unreasonable meal, but it's worth plugging in to a tracker (i.e. myfitnesspal, sparkpeople) to see how much protein and other nutrients are in it. Sometimes those pre-packaged or fast foods are high in sodium and not so great to eat.

But as for the amount, it doesn't seem like too much to me. I definitely eat more than one cup of food per meal. On average it's something like 6 oz. protein, 2 oz. bread or a 1/2 cup of brown rice, bulgur, or quinoa, and some type of vegetable. I don't always finish everything, but that really depends on the type of food.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

cajungirl
on 4/5/13 3:45 am

I can sometimes eat the small chili and sometimes about 3/4 of the small.  The McD salad I can only eat about 1/2 of the lettuce or less but I focus on eating the grilled chicken first and it fills me up.

A cup of food or 8 oz is considered normal for someone further out.  Do consider though that things like lettuce are basically water so you'll be able to eat more of it since it takes up little space.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

glad2balive
on 4/5/13 3:47 am

THANKS!

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

shellabella
on 4/5/13 5:34 am - Canada
Check the calorie value. I did just last week. The mighty chicken Caesar salad with grilled chicken breast is 600 calories! Insane!

XO-SHELLABELLA
FROM "SHELLEY BELLY" TO "SHELLEY BEAUTIFUL"...EVENTUALLY!
msanson
on 4/5/13 4:22 pm - CA
Its like 370 calories for the grilled chicken ceaser salad...it so good. I eat mostly the chicken ..try it

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 418 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 11 replies · 86 views
Recent Topics