Looking for those who want to share their surgery story

slashes
on 4/5/13 8:10 am

Hi All !!! Happy Friday !!!

I am looking for those who would be willing to Guest Post on my blog and share their Weight Loss Surgery Story. I have been documenting my life from beginning to now all about My Gastric Bypass Story and now have been sharing stories of other via a Guest Post.

My readers love to hear about others and it gives those thinking about making the choice different stories other than just my own and love it.

If you would be willing to share your story I would love to have you - You just need to have had Weight Loss Surgery. I would send you a list of questions to answer and you can even share your before and after photos if you wish.

You can take a look at my last Guest Post HERE to see the questions I ask, they are all the same.

If you would like to join me and the others send me an email to slashes (at) comcast.net and I will send you all the info.

So excited because I love to hear everyone's story myself!!!

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

Kat Kat
on 4/5/13 5:39 pm - AZ

Hi Slashes,

I  read 3 of your guest posts, and answers to all the vitamin questions did not meet the post gastric bypass requirements. Will you offer advice to your guests before they harm their health, or inform readers that this information may be incorrect, so they will not use it as a guideline for themselves when considering this surgery?

Kat

slashes
on 4/6/13 1:36 am

Thanks for responding - I do not give a lot of advice when it comes to the vitamins because I am not a doctor. Each surgeon has different recommendations they give to their patients after surgery - I feel if they are following what has been told to them via their own doctor who am I to tell them differently.  All of my Guest Posts so far have been from 2 different countries and one *****sides in NY - it is crazy how much they all differ.

All I can do it share my story and those of others and yes if I do see something that sounds off I may say something, BUT I try to stay away of certain things. I know what I take and what works for me.

I would however love it if you feel you have great advice to offer or want to write up something regarding daily vitamins to share your thoughts on my blog. What do you say?

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

Kat Kat
on 4/6/13 4:08 pm - AZ

Hi Slashes,

I really don't have time to write an article, but you might ask Poet Kelly for one. She's a professional writer and extremely knowledgeable regarding vitamins and supplements post-RNY. I'd suspect she has one already written as well. 

Since you're developing a following and people are depending on you for accurate information, you might add a disclaimer, so those who "aren't In-the-know" don't use what they read on your blog, and follow that information as their own guidelines.

You are right, it is crazy, but I think even sadder to read that so many surgeons hand out so much conflicting information regarding taking vitamins and supplements after surgery. Professionals throughout the world actually share information regarding bariatric surgery, so there really is very little in regard to international boundaries. In fact at the first annual Canadian Bariatric Surgery Summit convened December 2 to 3, 2011 in Toronto, Ontario, Megan Arigano from Tufts Medical Centre in Boston, MA, moderated the dietitian break-out, and concentrated on vitamin and protein supplement guidelines.  Additionally the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) is a member of The International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO). They are the largest society for this specialty in the world. They also set forth guidelines which can be accessed on the internet, so I don’t understand why so many bariatric surgeons don’t follow them. You’ll often see them quoted here on OH, and followed successfully by the long term vets. With that said, I think that the ASMBS guidelines would be considered reliable, and safe to follow (of course they need to be adjusted if any special cir****tance arises).  I’m attaching the link for you, so you may review them.  http://nutrition.otago.ac.nz/__data/assets/file/0005/4784/Ba riatricNutritionReading.pdf

Once you read these, you can see why I was concerned that your guests might be in danger of deficiencies that could result in serious health issues, as well as concerned others might become misinformed.

Good Luck With Your Blog,

Kat

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 382 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 272 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?