Major Tummy Troubles, Please Give me Some Advice

Melinda A.
on 4/7/13 6:04 pm - Annandale, VA

I am three years out from surgery.  Everything has been going well - I had a baby in December (Still trying to lose 30lbs from that--ugh!)  Anyway, I am having MAJOR stomach pain and am trying to see if anyone has some advice for me.

I went into the ER 2 Saturdays ago with excruciating chest and abdominal pain.  They did some imaging and found that I had gallstones so they tried to see if they could get the pain under control.  A WHOLE lotta dilaudid later with no pain relief, they decided the gallbladder needed to come out.  I had surgery and it went well.  However, I got basically no pain relief.  Separate from the surgery pain, I still have excruciating lower right abdominal pain.  They did more tests -- ultrasounds, endoscopy, MRI, etc and they found nothing.  They did find that my esophagus is a little inflamed - but that isn't the source of the pain.  They also found that I have a bit of pancreatitis, but said that's not bad and that it's common with RNY (I didn't know that, but whatever).

I was finally released from the hospital almost a week later with the same terrible abdominal pain ... they don't know what it is - so I will have to live on Percocets (which don't work, anyway).

Please, if anyone has any ideas of what may be happening and how to fix it.  I would be thrilled.  As it is, I cannot care for my 3 month old son and have been crying hysterically because I miss him while he is at various friends' houses during the day while my boyfriend is at work.  I'm also feeling like I'm about to end up in the ER again due to this terrible pain.  Advise me if ya can.  Thanks bunches!!

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 4/7/13 8:54 pm
RNY on 01/10/12

No advice, but hugs.

Can you hang out at your friends' houses with your baby?

And if you need to, go back to the ER. You shouldn't have to live like this.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

glad2balive
on 4/7/13 10:11 pm

I would contact doctor and/or go to ER. I am sorry you are going through this but you cannot continue suffering especially with a new baby to care for.

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

mamadawny
on 4/7/13 10:22 pm - Oklahoma City, OK

One of my friends who had her gallbladder out, was just found to have stones in the bile ducts around her liver.  The only way they found them was by doing exploratory surgery.  She was in a great deal of pain, but also had a lot of nausea as well.  Good luck, hope they find what is causing this soon!

quiltpainter
on 4/8/13 7:57 am - CT

a little bit of pancreatitis can cause a lot of pain. I've heard of pancreatitis being caused by gallstones but never from WLS...Hopefully time to let your body recover will do the trick. You've been through a lot in the last couple of months. Give that baby lots of kisses and love.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 239 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics