3 WEEKS POST OP

NEWMI
on 4/9/13 11:45 pm - SILVER SPRING, MD
RNY on 03/18/13

IM OK FOR THE MOST PART BUT, NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN THE THOUGHT OF FOOD MAKES ME WANT TO VOMIT I HAVE TO TAKE NAUSEA MEDICINE TO BE ABLE TO EAT IS THIS NORMAL OR HAS ANYONE ELSE GONE THRU THIS?

KittyKarin
on 4/10/13 12:25 am, edited 4/10/13 12:26 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Hi there!  Yes, I went through this around the same time as you are experiencing it. I remember one of the worst days was a Saturday and all I could stomach was peanut butter and milk.  The thought of any kind of dense protein or soup or anything else made me want to throw up.  Are you supposed to take a PPI twice a day? With VSG, we are supposed to take two a day but I was only taking it once a day. After I started taking it properly, that's when a lot of my "sour stomach" and nausea feelings started to subside.  I hope you feel better soon!

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

cooper1
on 4/10/13 3:56 am

I had the same thing happen to me at about the same time.  I took my zofran and it did help.  I had RNY 8 wks ago, and my surgeon told me not to continue taking the nexium I had been on pre op.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 201 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 372 views
Recent Topics