How long after surgery before you can...Smoke marijuana?

Bobdobalina
on 1/15/17 3:12 am
VSG on 02/28/17

This forum is for any questions that people may have regarding bariatric surgery. Not for judgmental people to comment on things they are obviously not educated about. 

ckanda
on 9/9/17 4:33 pm

Oh well arent you just perfect Bev759! Pin a ******g rose on your purty nose! If you dont have a different response then that then dont ******g share your thought either you **** wad!!!" I am surprised you would even ask that question here"! Like why can't you believe she would ask that question here? Is it not meant for that kind of question? Maybe your in the wrong place. Get the **** outta here with your "ive never smoked anything BULL****!!! Obviously that question wasn't meant for you to answer. Ugh people these days!!

Grim_Traveller
on 9/9/17 5:54 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Hi, and welcome to OH! Great to see such an uplifting first post from a newbie.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Darlene O.
on 4/14/13 11:52 am - Cypress, TX
RNY on 01/02/13 with

I've heard that it is ok in moderation after about 3 months. Just be careful of the munchies.  If you do a search on this forum you will see where other people have asked the same question.  To the other person that commented.  It is prescribed for some people for medical reasons and it is legal in a few states. 

Darlene

kikidoll
on 4/14/13 11:58 am - MA
RNY on 03/20/13

Thanks Darlene, good to know.  I had figured I should wait at least 3 months.  I wanted to search for this i/o asking the question (because some people just don't understand :() How do I search within the forums?  I just can't figure out how on here... haha :)

Age: 26  Height: 5'11  Highest Weight: 278  Goal: 160  Surgeon: Dr. Rebecca Shore

MultiMom
on 4/14/13 9:39 pm - NH

The search option is kind of hidden. It is on the right end of the blue bar at the top of the page. When you click on that you can search for anything, but if you want to search just the forums you have to click right next to the input and then you get a drop down. I think that the forums option is at the bottom.

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

octbrgrl71
on 7/25/14 9:28 am - Canada

Hi kikidoll,

Its been two weeks since I had my gastric bypass. I am located in Ontario, Hamilton to be exact. Before surgery you had to stop smoking 6 months before even getting an appointment.  And they pretty much told me that you shouldn't go back to smoking of any kind for at least a year which is how long it typically takes to stretch your stomach to what you want.   Smoking causes alcers and  since your stomach is so small after surgery. ( I was told the size of your thumb) it would be really bad to get an alcer. You could ask your surgeon but this is what my surgeon told me. All the best!!!! 

poet_kelly
on 4/14/13 12:03 pm - OH

I'd check with your surgeon.  I know that smoking tobacco after RNY greatly increases your risk of ulcers but I'm don't know if smoking pot has the same effect or not.  I'm thinking it might depend on how often you smoke it, too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MrsLitch
on 4/14/13 12:11 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

My only comment is the munchies are WAY more difficult to deal with when you have a pouch. I will not be partaking again. But a stop in Jamaica on our cruise it seemed like a good idea at the time lol. Mind you I also haven't smoked it in 20 years.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Lady Lithia
on 9/15/13 8:39 am

I loved when I stopped in Jamaica for my cruise although I have to say that bareback riding on the beach and in the surf is way more romantic SOUNDING than it really was. The backbone of that horse kept slamming into my tailbone area. 

Hubby chose a different outing with my dad, and I went with dad's bit'o'fluff. They tried a bit since it was, after all, jamaica. :)

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 407 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 418 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views