Lovin my protein!!

juleskar
on 4/20/13 5:17 pm
I have been slacking in the protein area, since my favorite RTD was discontinued. However, i found a replacement that i actually like better.
I'm sure most of you have heard about Click Espresso Protein powder. I tried it a couple of years ago, and it was just too dang strong for me, no matter how i mixed it up. I'm not a huge coffee drinker and don't like it very strong. When i used to go to Starbucks, my latte's were mostly milk and flavoring. I purchased the Click Vanilla Latte flavor for daytime/morning use (because it has caffeine in it) and the Decaf Mocha flavor for other times. I also purchased BSN Lean Dessert Protein in Whipped Vanilla flavor. When you open the tub, it smells like a white cake mix--I swear!! Even my daughter thinks it smells great.
I use a heaping scoop of either Click, and a heaping scoop of BSN, 2 packets of Spenda, a few drops of Capella flavoring and water and I'm in heaven!! Love it better than a frappe from Starbucks!! I kid you not!!
The Capella flavorings are interesting...they are 100% flavorings with NO sweetener added. Don't try them straight...nasty!! But add the sweetener of your choice, and they really make a difference. I use the French Vanilla almost every day.
Where do I purchase them you ask?? From Netrition.com. They have a flat shipping rate of $4.95 per order, no matter how large, or small.
Kat1313
on 4/20/13 7:40 pm - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

I'm glad you've found a protein powder that you like.  I've tried many, including Click since I am a big coffee drinker.  They ALL are so over the top sweet to me - ugh!  I have a big sweet tooth but these just make me cringe.  Doesn't seem to matter what brand, what flavor.  Yuk!  I'm so looking forward to being on soft foods so I can start getting more of my protein from real food.  I did buy some unflavored protein powder which is okay - but it still has that protein taste.  I don't know what's going on with my taste buds - never used to be this sensitive but since surgery have been in overdrive, at least where the protein is concerned.  I've tried watering it down, mixing it with decaf coffee (even the Click coffee flavors) all to no avail.  The sugar free flavors just make it sweeter!

MultiMom
on 4/20/13 9:10 pm, edited 4/20/13 9:15 pm - NH

I was a big Click fan, but be aware that the proper "scoop" to get the correct nutritional value listed on the container is not the size that they give you. I believe that you can fill the scoop a little over 3/4 to get the proper amount. I found this out when I wasn't getting the number of servings from a container that was listed on the container and emailed the company about it.

I am going to look into those flavorings! I'm not a fan of sweets and never have been. I use the Torani Caramel in my Big Train Espresso (I switched from Click) but would like one with less sweetness. The Click Mocha has a lot of sugar in it already.

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?