Question for Before Surgery

ArleneAnne
on 4/16/13 8:18 pm - Oakville, Canada

I have only just requested my doctor to put in a referal for surgery.....so I realize that it will be likely up to a year before that happens.    In the meantime, I would like to learn about and to start trying to do without the foods that I will NOT be able to eat post surgery.   I think that it would be much easier on me if I started now to get used to my new eating lifestyle.....so PLEASE help me as much as possible begin this process.   What foods to I need to learn to do without ? ......and has anyone else tried this idea and is it a good one or not ?

angeleigh
on 4/16/13 8:40 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

People do start to limit the foods but it is hard. Biggest thing I can say is limit your fluids while eating. Get used to not drinking soda, and not drinking while eating and for 30 mins after. You can even limit breads, pasta, rice. Start taking your vitamins now, that is the hard part for a lot of people. Start walking 30-45 mins a day.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

poet_kelly
on 4/16/13 8:55 pm - OH

Most people are able to tolerate most foods after surgery.  There is really nothing I can't eat.  It's important to understand that.

Still, there are foods you want to limit because they are high in fat, sugar and calories.  I'm guessing you already know what foods are not healthy choices.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

quiltpainter
on 4/16/13 9:52 pm - CT

Try to have at least one meal a day from  a protein mix (try unjury or syntrax). You can mix it with milk or greek yogurt, add in a little fruit.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics