Raging Hunger during Ovulation?

xtine
on 4/19/13 4:16 am - San Jose, CA

Anyone else get super ravenous hunger during their ovulation week? Every month it happens. I can't get full no matter what I eat and end up wanting to eat constantly. OMG MAKE IT STOP!

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

Neen L.
on 4/19/13 4:24 am - Arlington, VA

YES. It drives me crazy. I tell my husband that I feel like my food isn't even going into my stomach. It's like my ghrelin production goes into overdrive.

I try to accept that it will happen, that I'll be puffy that week, and that I just need to buckle down and deal with it. I plan in a little bit of extra exercise into that week to compensate (or distract myself from eating), but it *is* okay. Some days your body just needs more nutrition. If you make smart choices, you can have those bottomless pit days and not go entirely off-plan.

But I sure as hell have a slice of pizza during that week, lol. ;-)

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

xtine
on 4/19/13 9:11 am - San Jose, CA

SERIOUSLY! I'm glad I;m not the only one. And this is the first month that I realized exactly why it was happening. Most people feel this way when their period is here or about to come, not I... just during ovulation week. And yes, I think pizza is in my future tonight. Thin crust though of course LOL.

Dee.spunk
on 4/19/13 6:24 am - Sacramento, CA
Omg! I thought I was the only one! This is my week and like you, I have those days when I feel I can eat and eat. Ugh. I try to stick with my healthy veggies, but sometimes I just want chocolate or ice cream.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

xtine
on 4/19/13 9:12 am - San Jose, CA

Again, I'm glad I;m not the only one. And this is the first month that I realized exactly why it was happening. Most people feel this way when their period is here or about to come but I don't feel this way on my period, just during ovulation. My hunger is insane today. I have been managing it by drinking water but it isn;t helping much.

redambruster
on 4/19/13 9:33 am - lebanon, TN
I was talking to my nut about this last week. Soooo glad it's not just me. It feels like nothing I eat satisfies me at all. That is usually the week my weight doesn't move at all. About the only thing that satisfies me is a good hot cup of diet hot chocolate with Redi whip. It's chocolately warm goodness and only 25 calories. (plus it goes towards my fluids) always a plus.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 382 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 272 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics