May 7 surgery,how did you fell the week before?

Kristenselfs
on 4/27/13 11:57 pm - PA
Just need feedback, I think I'mready, but things keep going thr my mind, will Imake it, am I going to really lose it, things in my house, nesting like I did before givingbirth.
Not o anxious, maybe thatcomesdays before you go in like 2 days before. How willI feel the next day, what if I really miss eating a meal with my family in the beginning and so much more. Any inputwillbegreatly appreciated. It's been a long journey, started last July,classes etc.C infusion on the vitamins, so much.
Sassyflamingo
on 4/28/13 12:00 am
RNY on 06/14/12

I was HUNGRY. I had one of those ten day liquid diets beforehand...

but mostly I was calm and tried to visualize my success:) 

now the night before, bring on the doubts. But, I'm soooo glad I did it! Good luck! 

dahoodman
on 4/28/13 12:02 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

I blogged about my last 10 days before surgery: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/dahoodman/blog/2013/03/25/ 10-days-of-clarity/

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

Tiggybeep
on 4/28/13 12:06 am
RNY on 04/02/13 with

The week before surgery I was a mess!  I fixated on all sorts of things with incredibly low likelihoods of happening.  They didn't happen to me (thank goodness). 

Nesting is a good thing.  You'll be spending a whole lot of time at home in the week or three after surgery.  Do yourself a favor and buy any heavy items NOW while you can still carry them.  (examples: printer paper, protein drinks if you like the pre-mixed kind, etc, cat litter, etc.)  I know I won't be cleared to carry anything >10 lbs until I'm a month out.  Also stock up on silly stuff like toilet paper and sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles, broth, crystal light, skim milk.  You'll be glad you did.   

You're probably not going to be feeling all that great physically the day after you have major surgery, but for me just knowing that above mentioned bad things did not happen was relief enough psychologically.  There will be pain meds to help you along. 

You will miss eating with your family at first, no way around that.  But eating the way you have been hasn't worked for you, or you wouldn't be trying for this surgery to begin with.  It's a change, and it takes time to adjust to.  Hold onto the belief that you CAN do this, and the knowledge that you're doing this for YOU.  Doing so has helped me even when there have been external challenges that make taking this chosen path of mine a bit more difficult.

Katemae84
on 4/28/13 1:00 am - IL
I am having surgery May 7th too. I feel where you are coming from. I have been so busy at work the last couple weeks and now that has slowed down, I'm finally processing what's about to happen.

Last night I cried. A lot. Just mourning the old self, scarred and excited to the new, and knowing things are about to be different.

Also doing "nesting things." Anyway I feel u!
Justcallmesuz
on 4/28/13 2:30 am
RNY on 05/08/13

My surgery is the 8th. I'm scared. I lay awake at night with all sorts if things running through my head. I am "nesting" as well. My surgery is two hours away and my parents fly into town while m having surgery to be with my teens. My husband will be gone training. I won't have anyone at the hospital with me. Scary. 

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views