Cravings

mrsmewise123
on 4/28/13 1:00 pm - GA
I'm 18 months post op and my hunger/cravings have come back with a vengeance. Any suggestions? Going back to my surgeon on Wednesday for what is either some killer acid reflux (almost daily attacks despite Prilosec) or anxiety attacks so I'm going to ask him about it as well.

LadyLilMax
on 4/28/13 1:15 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

Hi there!  Sad to hear you have acid reflux going on.  Glad you are going to doctor, tho.

I am only 4 1/2 months out and at about 4 months went through the awful cravings!  My dietician said to either eat very as in very small amounts of the food I was craving and/or go back to just protein foods for a day or two to cut the carb cravings and for me that worked.  Eating the small amounts just made me want more!  They just triggered me something awful but just 2 days of shakes and protein rich foods seems to have gotten me back on track.  

Just a thought as to what worked for me.  I am anxious to see others responses. 

Good luck!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

familyatwood
on 4/28/13 10:36 pm

Hello,  I had my surgery on the 17th of April and am pushing hard into the Dr. prescribed 3 week liquid diet.  I was caught staring something fierce at what my kids and husband were eating at the dinner table.  I must have looked pretty desperate because my husband piped up and asked if everything was okay.  I am sure if it weren't for the support from friends and family that I have been receiving I'd be back in the operating room because of some very foolish food decisions.  

Sounds like you have the right idea, heading back to the Dr.s office.  They should be a great form of support for you and keep you on track.  Drinking the protein shakes sound like a great idea to get off the hunger/snaking train.  Can't wait to hear what other advice is offered.

Keep up the good hard work.  It will all be worth it.

Kim S.
on 4/29/13 1:18 am - Helena, AL

Definitely see the doctor. 

Are you sure you are eating enough?  At 18 months out, you should be eating close to what a "normal" person should eat (notice I said should and not does!).

I get hungry too-so I eat 7 small meals all day long.  It really helped my metabolism.

Tell us a bit about what your daily intake is-calories, carbs, protein......also, are you a regular exerciser?  How much?

Zachariah
on 4/29/13 1:30 pm

I can sure relate to that.  I  went back to a high carb diet because any kind of meat makes my pouch hurt like the devil, and now am paying for it.  I have been logging my food evert day and it is amazingzing how high a percentage of carbs I have been taking each day.

Unless I can get to tolerate meat a little better I wiil stay at this weight.  Very disappointing.

Zachariah-Still crazy after all these years!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views