UH OH...OOPS

Sarahakers11
on 4/24/13 11:23 pm - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Okay soooo this is totally dumb on my part.   I am not scheduled for surgery until June 4th.  My surgeon did not give me any weight loss requirement.  I noticed on here lots of people had them and some were even rescheduled cause they didn't met them. I have been indulging a bit lately ( I know I know..not good)  I have also had really bad water retention worst then I have ever had it.  My PCP gave me some prescription diuretics only to take as needed.   I thought I would call the nurse at my surgeons office to be sure about the weight loss requirement cause between the fluids and the "indulging" I knew I had gained.  She said "OH look it says in your file you need to lose 10 - 15 lbs"  OOOPSSS.  well I have some time but UH OH.  I feel like an ass!  better get on that!

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

Needanewbeginning
on 4/24/13 11:27 pm, edited 4/24/13 11:27 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I was not given a weight loss requirement but certainly know during the three weeks of opti starting next week there will be weight loss for sure.

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Sarahakers11
on 4/24/13 11:32 pm - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Yeah I kind of figured I would lose some on the 14 days but I don't know when they do the "weigh in" for that 10 - 15 lbs is it the day of surgery or at one of my pre-op appts.  Either way I need to get my crap together.  I am in a musical comedy that opens May 3rd and I am working 11 hour days.  I am only home about 5 hours a night and will be until after May 3rd then it will slow down as rehearsals are just once a week during the shows open runnings.  Plus we move on May 11th and 2 of my kids graduate on June 1st.  Its a busy busy time for sure.  I plan to start walking more once we are moved and rehearsals let up.  My biggest problem is i am living off take out and pick up right now.  Still enough excuses need to fix it. I don't want to risk this and its all going to have to change after.  No matter how busy I get in the future I cant have it be like this.  I was a mistake to take the part in the play...but I am so glad to be a part of it and with the choreography its keeping me moving more then if I was at home.

Karens62
on 4/24/13 11:28 pm - NC
RNY on 02/26/13
If they didn't tell you about it, you did nothing wrong. Not every surgeon requires weight loss prior to surgery, just like not every surgeon requires a special preop diet (liquids, low carb, etching.) Give yourself a break but remember that weight gained now is just more to lose later! And good luck!

HW - 319, SW - 303.5 

Sarahakers11
on 4/24/13 11:34 pm - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Thanks!  that's why I called. I didn't want to me not hearing or misunderstanding something be a reason I was rescheduled! I didnt hear him say it but doesn't mean he didn't.  Heck my kids always say "You didnt say that" and I am pretty sure I did!  LOL 

alexadenitto
on 4/24/13 11:44 pm - CT
RNY on 04/08/13

i had my surgery on april 8th, my surgeon did not have a weight loss requirement before surgery, i did have to go on a diet no fat no sugar two weeks before surgery and then all liquids two days before and you end up loosing weight then but i did not have a set requirement, and you bet up until that day before i had to start the diet i ate everything i loved! i had a last supper of Fettuccine

thynnlynn
on 4/25/13 12:21 am - MI

I had no weight to lose prior to surgery and had no pre-surgery liquid diet.  It all depends on your surgeon.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

glad2balive
on 4/25/13 12:57 am

I would call or go by for pre surgery info. to make sure they did not forget to give you anything else like liquid diet, bowel prep, etc. Sounds odd to me!    BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY! Good luck!

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

mrs_walsh17
on 4/26/13 8:22 am - Albuquerque, NM

My surgeon was a bit strict, I had to sign an agreement not to weigh over the 253 lb. weigh in at consultation.  I had two weeks of nothing but protein shakes and liquids before the surgery. On surgery day I weighed 231, I lost 22 lbs. in 2 weeks! I thought I'd lost about 16 and was shocked to see the scale at 231. He said losing some weight before surgery lessens the amount of fat around the liver and makes the surgery easier for him!

Liz - HW 253     SW 231     GW 140     Surgery date April 22, 2013

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?