Pain After Exercising

Megan S.
on 4/25/13 4:14 am - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 03/07/13

I'm 7 weeks post op today and I've noticed for the past 2 weeks every time I am exercising that it hurts. It starts under my breast bone and radiates across my ribs and down. Almost like gas pains is the only way I can describe it. Doesn't happen when I walk only when I do exercise equipment at the gym and Zumba. Anyone else ever have this? It's very frustrating because I feel like I can't give it my all.  

Thanks,

~Megan

Dee.spunk
on 4/25/13 5:55 am - Sacramento, CA
Maybe take it easier while exercising. I knew I had to take it slow otherwise the same would happen to me. It was a few months before I was able to push myself more with out the pain.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Neen L.
on 4/25/13 6:04 am - Arlington, VA

Hmm, you might have a touch of exercise induced asthma. I didn't realize I had it until I mentioned a similar pain I was getting while running. Might be worth checking with a doctor?

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 517 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 254 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics