Reintroducing myself

rbanksgilbert
on 4/24/13 7:19 am - NC

Hi everyone! 

I am a former OH member, known then as rbankslee. I had RNY on November 2, 2009 and was involved with this site until about a year ago. I want to get involved again because I really think this is a good way to stay on track! Also, I want to get involved again for motivation...I am in school to be an RN and want to work in a bariatric setting. I love reading everyone's stories and they keep me motivated to be a good nurse!

My background....

When I had surgery, I was 380 pounds and miserable. I had my surgery with Dr. Boyce at New Life Center for Bariatric Surgery in Knoxville, TN. My lowest weight of 147 was on July 26, 2011. I have remained around 160 since then.

This journey has been crazy! My surgery has changed my entire life. I came out of the shell where I'd been hiding. I gained the courage to leave my bad marriage. I gained the courage to go back to school. I have remarried the greatest man who has been so supportive of my surgery and everything that surrounds it.

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself again. I'd love to talk to anyone who may be in my area (Wilmington, NC) or who went to my surgeon in Knoxville, TN. Like I said before, I love reading everyone's stories on here and sharing low carb recipes!!

Missy A.
on 4/24/13 1:16 pm - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

Welcome back and congrats on maintaining you weight loss! Would love to see some before and after pictures for inspiration. Btw, I'm in Raleigh NC!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

rbanksgilbert
on 4/29/13 2:43 am - NC

Hi Missy! I'll add you as a friend on here and you should be able to see my pictures. Nice to meet you!!

Allen Y.
on 4/24/13 4:55 pm - Garland, TX

I am also a 2nd time member, but I kept the same screen name. I think it's a great idea to stay active here no matter how well you do. It can keep you grounded and can help others.

msnmayo
on 4/25/13 5:36 am - kinston, NC
Success stories are so inspiring! Still waiting on approval myself. From Kinston, NC here. Surgery will be in Greenville.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 333 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?