3 week post - nausea and dry heaves

ShadowHR
on 4/25/13 9:08 am - WI
RNY on 04/04/13

Thank goodness week 1 and 2 were ok, cause this week is kicking my butt.  I don't want to eat, but try my best to eat three meals.  Yogurt, proti15 soup or oatmeal, tried tilapia last night.  Can't finish even the smallest 2 oz serving.  Skim milk seems fine and I had 16 oz during the day, morning snack and afternoon snack.  Protein drinks, flavored waters and everything else tastes way too sweet, makes me gag.  If you suffered thru this, please tell me if anything makes it better.

How long does the nausea last?  I know everyone is different, but I would like to hear some encouragement.

weight loss?  No problem - 22 pounds since 4/4/13.

susan

Surgery Weight 245

SarahLee1969
on 4/25/13 9:35 am - NY
I diluted the Powerade zero.And chicken or beef broth were a nice break from sweet and fruity stuff. Popsicles for cold. Peppermint or ginger tea may help settle your pouch.
Are you getting enough fluid? Sometimes nausea is a sign of dehydration.
Have you called your surgeons office? They may get you something for the nausea, or want you to get some fluids IV.
frgprncs
on 4/25/13 10:55 am - Lake Stevens, WA
RNY on 04/02/13

my doc said if that happens to take a couple days and just do liquids...best advice call your doc...that's not normal!

SaraJane38
on 4/25/13 11:06 am

Hi, sorry to hear that you are not feeling well this week.  We had our surgeries very close to each other, mine on the 2nd of April.  I was not feeling to energetic this week either.  I had my TOM middle of last week to early this week.  I wonder if it has something to do with the vitamin b-12 that we are needing to take.  I was thinking that I had to refresh my memory on how to administer the shot again.  Have you been getting in enough fluids and protein?  I know that I was dehydrated for a couple of days- thats when I felt  worse.   Oh!  I also feel better now that I am drinking V8 Juice.  Since we are not able to get in many fruits or veggies I think it is possible that our bodies crave the nutrients that we would normally get from them.  I also suggest drinking some warm broth like swansons chicken or better yet get the little powder packets at the grocery called Herb-Ox  Chicken broth.  I was given that at the hospital and it is really good.  It is hard when everything is super sweet.  I had a couple of days like that and my mouth actually puckered at the sight of jello, popscicles, protein drink etc.  I had to switch to clear water at room temp or hot broth.  Ho****er with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of ginger.  Ginger is good for the tummy.

I do hope you feel better soon.  I have been keeping up with your posts and always feel encouraged while reading them.

Blessings,

Sara

cajungirl
on 4/25/13 12:02 pm
Susan I went through the exact same thing. First two weeks I felt great then nausea hit. Mine lasted for 5 weeks (hope yours doesn't). I did have phenergrin and used it a couple of times but what helped the most was to sip on hot peppermint tea. You may want to give it a try.

Hope you feel better soon. Btw I never threw up just dealt with nausea.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

sookietina83
on 4/25/13 8:49 pm - Germany
Go straight to the doctors and get prescription of nausea medicine. It did wonders for me. I take it in the morning. I swear by it.
redambruster
on 4/26/13 4:18 am - lebanon, TN
I diluted everything down because it all tasted super sweet. Also warm liquids always did better than cold liquids. Chicken bouillon was wonderful.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics