OMG!

thynnlynn
on 5/3/13 1:31 am - MI

I knew that I was going to have quite a bit of loose skin, but my arms and legs were never really heavy, as most of my excess weight is around my middle.  I am only 28# down and I am getting hanging skin on even my lower arms!!!!

I am just beginning!!!!  I am going to look like a sharpei when I get to my goal!

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Lisa_Douglas
on 5/3/13 2:22 am
RNY on 05/20/13

You are going to look and feel beautiful!!  Just keep going :-)

TomN
on 5/3/13 2:48 am
RNY on 12/27/12 with

I am trying to embrace the new look...way more healthy and able to do more of what I love...a little extra skin is a small price to pay for adding years to our life and/or increasing the quality of that life...and this coming from someone who has a high weight of 488!  Glad to see you are doing well...

NancySheedy
on 5/3/13 3:52 am

You are going to feel so much better and so much more energy.  The extra skin is an extremely small price to pay.  I am 7 months today since my surgery and I have never looked back.  I could not even walk a 1/2 block without back pain and now I walk over an hour every day, I can garden which I have not been able to do in years, I can now go shopping which I love to do.  Life is great, I have quality of life.

Take care

MsRiggs
on 5/3/13 5:28 am - Canada

Way to go TomN, I completely agree with you. Over all we will be in much better health and we need always remember that. Keep up your hard work, it will be worth it.

Candy V.
on 5/3/13 4:01 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I have the sharpei look going too :)   If it really bothers you, you can always look into plastic surgery once you are at goal.  I am starting to think about it and going to set up a consult soon.  I got a referral from my PCP today for panni removal consult.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Sara L.
on 5/3/13 4:09 am

Plastic surgery will be an option, but exercise and time will help significantly. It takes a bout a year after you reach your goal for your skin to recover. How much is recovers depends on factors like age and genetics, but exercise can help "fill things in" a bit. If nothing else, loose skin is better than excess fat -- and better than loose skin and floppy muscles! enlightened

Eva1230
on 5/3/13 6:19 am
I'm loosing my boobs
shellbell75
on 5/4/13 4:38 am
My highest recorded weight was 317 lbs. Almost 2 years out I now weigh 105. Yes, naked I look like a Shar-pai. Clothed I look pretty good. Does it bother me? Sure. I choose to see them as my battle scars. If insurance will cover plastics, I will have it done....if not, I will continue to look like a Shar-pai. Lol
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 770 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 498 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 101 views