Surgery May and I'm okay with it

Kristenselfs
on 5/4/13 10:03 am - PA

Maybe on the day of, but so far so good, I have waited 1o months, gone through no I AM NOT DOING IT TO YES I AM!!!!!

Now I seem not that axious, was anyone like this.  This liquid diet is hard, 1st day I was depressed, but now I am fine with it, only thought is, hope nothing goes wrong and I do well with surgery and after.  Anybody got any feedback, its seems weird to me to be fine with this now when I was soooooooooooo scared for the first 6 months.

Athlynne
on 5/4/13 10:23 am

I was scared too, but when it got to be surgery time, I was amazingly calm. I think it's because I knew I had committed to something positive and was proud of myself. You should feel the same.

Good luck! Have sugar-free hard candy on hand, take your medicines, and eat SLOWLY. Trust me. :)

"I'm pleasant, but I have issues." - MST3K

Start weight: 290 lbs.
Current weight: 205 lbs.

Surgery date: April 15, 2013

tinapipp
on 5/4/13 10:34 am

I am scare. Mine is scheduled for Wednesday. and I am not on  a liquid diet until the day before. And that day i will be doing the awesome "prep." yay me. lol. 

Athlynne
on 5/4/13 1:07 pm

Are you taking MoviPrep? If so, a bit of advice - have a lollipop on hand to lick between gulps. Helps cut the taste.

"I'm pleasant, but I have issues." - MST3K

Start weight: 290 lbs.
Current weight: 205 lbs.

Surgery date: April 15, 2013

nurl
on 5/4/13 11:08 am
RNY on 05/14/13
My surgery is May 14. The past couple of weeks I have been a mess with the decision. However, a couple of days ago I became really calm and know this is the right surgery for me. I am at peace with my decision

umpa9698
on 5/4/13 12:53 pm
My surgery was April 29th. After about 5 months of prep. I was completely good with it in the beginning but got more nervous as it got closer. I was nervous and excited all in one which my weight center team assured me was completely normal. My pre surgery diet was a portion controlled diet until the final weekend which involved the fun cleanse and a day of clear liquids only. I lost 12-15lbs in the few weeks on the pre surgery diet for more than 25 lbs total pre surgery. The weight was coming off easier than it had in years. (I usually stopped losing after 10 -15 lbs despite any diet or exercise). So this had me wondering is surgery really necessary. But it was. It went great. The hospital staff was wonderful. So far recovery has been good. I am very pleased with my decision. I can't wait to see the results in the months to come and to get my life back on a healthy track. I hope your experience is as good as mine.
Kristenselfs
on 5/6/13 1:54 am - PA

Thank you all for your feedvack, I know I am making the right decision for me and have great family support.  Today, May 6 tomorrow surgery, getting a little nervious, about the pain when I come awake.  Sure hope I am not as hungry as I am now after a 7 day liquid diet.  Lost 10lbs.  Have to be at the hospital at 5 surgery at 7:10, yep I am getting nervious now.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 537 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics