Stomach flu

artroxy blue
on 5/5/13 4:21 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Our house has been ravaged by a nasty stomach flu, and I'm the last one to get it. What suggestions do you all have for getting fluids in? I tried plain ginger tea, and while it stayed down, it came out the other end. :( I just had some Unjury chicken soup protein powder with warm water, and so far, so good. Anyone drink Pedialite or SF PowerAide or something like it? Any luck keeping it down?

SarahLee1969
on 5/5/13 10:43 am - NY
I used Powerade Zero all the time.
I would just keep trying things... go slow, but keep the fluids going. If you think you might be dehydrated, do not wait... call your doctor. You may need a bag or 2 of fluids to keep you hydrated and they may be able do that at the office or as an out patient and prevent a major hospital stay.
quiltpainter
on 5/5/13 9:19 pm - CT

I used zofran (anti nausea meds) that I had left over from surgery. It didn't completely solve the problem but I only threw up twice and both of those were in the middle of the night. I had some ginger ale that I let go flat so I didn't have the carbonation. Hope you feel better soon.

artroxy blue
on 5/6/13 3:36 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm feeling much better, and oddly enough, Crystal Light seems to work the best for me. I tried Powerade Zero, but had to water it down a little. Plain water just kept coming back up--so weird! LOL

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 772 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 384 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 504 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 272 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 279 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?