I am just feeling terrible.

Jerwelch
on 5/7/13 1:25 pm - Grand Haven, MI
I am 5 months post op and have been losing steadily.
I got on the scale tonight I was UP two pounds. Since last week I feel Horrible!! I just ate dinner hour prior and just started drinking water could that be it?? I such a mess right now! It's eating away at me trying to figure it out.

Jerry

LadyLilMax
on 5/7/13 1:45 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

Whoa... take a big deep calming breath there!  It is 2 lbs for goodness sake.  We all have weight fluctuations in that range daily.  

Pick a time of day to weigh yourself.  Mornings are usually good before you eat or do anything. 

It could be due to anything.  Have your bowels been moving?  Have you stuck to the basics and to your doctor's plan? Are you exercising?  Are you weighing and measuring your food?  Getting in the vits, protein? 

Relax... this is a process.  Wait a day or two and then weigh again.  If you are still up then honestly look at what you are eating,drinking and doing.  

Good luck!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

TJLJ
on 5/7/13 1:46 pm - winnipeg, Canada
Do you nibble here& there? Time of the month?(assuming you're female, lol) Are you drinking lots? Eating protein first at each meal? Do you weigh yourself at the same time of the day and on the same scale? Are you logging everything you put in your mouth? So many possible factors. I wouldn't worry. Don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is another day. Maybe kick up your work outs a notch. Bike harder, walk faster, up the weights a bit. You've worked so hard for this. Don't let it get you down. Consider it a challenge! hugs!!

Ref letter Nov 11, group session Dec 12/12,   RNY - April 30/13

TJLJ
on 5/7/13 1:49 pm - winnipeg, Canada
lol ok. you're a guy. so I guess pms'ing is out of the question. Hope you got a chuckle out if it!!

Ref letter Nov 11, group session Dec 12/12,   RNY - April 30/13

Jerwelch
on 5/7/13 3:12 pm - Grand Haven, MI
Yes I did chuckle at the "PMS".
I understand I over reacted but I just needed to get it out there. I will re weigh myself this weekend if the same or goes up I will look at what I have been doing.
I use the same scale every time also.
Thank you to everyone.

Jerry

Katie K.
on 5/7/13 9:18 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

Pre op. I always weigh myself in the morning in my PJs, and *after* I have a bm. I'm on the pre-pre-op diet right now so I don't always get to weigh every day, if you know what I mean.

Joyceebaby
on 5/7/13 9:37 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

If this is the first time your weight has fluctuated upwards, be happy enlightened  You'll have many more ups and downs on the scale.  It's gonna be all right 

glad2balive
on 5/7/13 10:38 pm

85 lbs. in 5 mos. WOW! You will be fine! You are way to early in to mess up! JUST FOLLOW YOUR PLAN! Good luck!

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 428 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 356 views