A week of victories!! Disney with NSV and SV!!!

65rosesmom
on 5/11/13 4:19 am

We just returned from my daughter's wish trip to Disney.  It was an amazing week without factoring in the WLS, but for me there was so much post-surgery to be thankful for as well.   I rode every single ride my kids wanted me to, no concerns about closing a seat belt or getting stuck.   I had my picture taken hundreds of times, and I didn't cringe when I saw them, I was happy to have them and felt good looking at them.   I wore shorts and a bathing suit, and I didn't feel awkward or self-conscious.  

I ate mostly on program, with a bit of difference because I wasn't home and I didn't always have access to everything....so I ate far less of my calories through protein shakes and bars than I usually do (I always have one of each every day), instead I ate eggs for breakfast and the insides of sandwiches for lunches, and grilled meats or seafoods for dinner.   I stayed away from the carbs, but not completely  -- allowing myself a few more treats than I normally would, but being careful to avoid large servings or foods that might make me sick.   And in the end, I felt great and I actually lost one pound over the week.   I know one pound isn't a big deal, but I've been in a stall for over two months...just not budging one way or the other since March, so to drop even the slightest bit during a week where I ate a bit more than normal and a bit less stringently was an added victory for me!!!

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

wdwgram14
on 5/11/13 4:35 am

thats awesome you did lots of walking so that helps we go to disney in mid sept my WLS was April 26 2013. hopefully i will be able to eat normal food there :)

how far out are you from surgery :)

Dare to dream , Dare to live , Namaste

65rosesmom
on 5/11/13 4:44 am

I am 9 months out.   There were a lot of yummy looking foods I had to use willpower to avoid, so I'm not going to say Disney is an easy place to be, but I feel like I mostly made good choices and kept myself from feeling sick from what I chose.

Some hints for when you go.....

We brough****er bottles in and would refill them at the water fountains and add crystal light packets I kept with me.  This kept us all hydrated and saved a fortune in drinks.

I did a lot of sharing with one of my kids.   My daughter is only 7, but loves salad with chicken on it...the two of us can eat just one and both be stuffed.   My son is a bit older but not quite able to eat an adult meal, so if he wants an adult meal I let him order it and I take a little of the meat and veggies, and he eats the rest.

I kept a protein bar and nuts in my bag at all times.  When they stopped for snacks that were obviously dangerous for me, I ate my snacks and felt good.

I allowed myself a small treat each day, but tried to choose wisely.  Most days it was a small scoop of no sugar added ice cream when the kids were eating the high test stuff..

We did do a ton of walking, so I do think this helped a lot!!!

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 194 views