Help...1 1/2 years out severe stomach pain

allicole1235
on 5/11/13 11:35 am - Chesapeake, VA

I want to start this off by saying I tried to talk to my Dr. My surgeon switched practices and he cant see me about this issue until the form I just signed releasing my medical record from his old practice is sent and the record is received by them. I am hoping another week. I tried to talk to a Dr. from the old practice that I have never seen before and all she said was she never heard about whats wrong with me and she couldn't help me.

I am 1 1/2 years out of surgery. I was eating chicken and shrimp around 3 PM today and got severe stomach pain like I cant even explain it just very painful in my upper stomach area. some shooting pain to my ribs and back but very sporadically. I am still experiencing it now at 930 PM  It has barely subsided. I am wondering if is gallbladder related, or holes in my stomach? 

Has anyone experienced this?

poet_kelly
on 5/11/13 11:48 am - OH

If you are having severe pain, I think you should go to the ER.

I also think you should let your surgeon know you are very concerned that he switched practices without making arrangements for your continued care in advance.  If he needed your medical records from the old practice, he should have asked you to sign the release in plenty of time so he could get the record by the time he actually moved.  Since he didn't, the new doctor at the old practice should have agreed to see you if needed.  The fact that you are being left with no surgeon, through no fault of your own, is not acceptable.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/11/13 11:53 am, edited 5/11/13 11:54 am - OH

What Kelly said.  If the pain has not eased up in 6 hours, you need to go to the ER.  There are a number of things it could be, some of the, relatively minor and some of them major.

Also, as Kelly said, either your old surgeon should have seen you even without your chart (surely he knows that he did surgery on you, and he COULD have any relevant chart info faxed over (including your release form)) or he should have made arrangements for one of the remaining doctors to see you in the interim. If he knew he was leaving the practice and patients would have to sign and submit forms to get heir records transferred, he should have contacted all of his patients to let them know that.  that is what my surgeon did when she left.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

rayne23
on 5/11/13 11:54 am

Did you eat to fast or have anything high in sugar? It sounds like you are having something called "DUMPING" it can happen if you eat too fast or  have anything high fat or sugar...Just my opinion but def go see a DR..

Feel better.

Karen8268
on 5/11/13 8:27 pm - NH
RNY on 10/02/12
On May 11, 2013 at 6:54 PM Pacific Time, rayne23 wrote:

Did you eat to fast or have anything high in sugar? It sounds like you are having something called "DUMPING" it can happen if you eat too fast or  have anything high fat or sugar...Just my opinion but def go see a DR..

Feel better.

This is NOT dumping. I hope you went to the ER and everything is OK. I hope you speak sternly to your surgeon about the way they switched practices leaving you hanging. Any forms you needed to sign should have been offered to you well in advance.

poet_kelly
on 5/11/13 8:32 pm - OH

Eating too fast can NOT cause dumping.   Eating something high in sugar can, but dumping doesn't cause severe stomach pain that radiates to the back.  Dumping causes symptoms that include sweating, rapid heart beat, dizziness, stomach pain and nausea.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 250 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics