The opposite of NSVs....what victories bring added annoyances?

65rosesmom
on 6/10/13 1:34 am

This isn't meant to be a serious or venting thread, just a fun way to talk about the downsides that comes with losing our weight.  I wouldn't go back for a second....and will work really hard to make sure I don't.   But here are a few things I've noticed:

1.   It is much harder to shave my bony legs than the legs I had 80lbs ago.  Now I have to navigate ankle bones and knee divots that weren't there before.

2.  Now that I have a shot of finding a bathing suit I actually like, I have to deal with the dreaded bathing suit shopping experience.  There are LOTS of suits that don't look good, and you have to stand there almost naked in that awful florescent light checking them all out.   Before my weight loss, I knew nothing would look acceptable to me, so I just ordered suits online and accepted that I would mostly hate them.

3.  Some rings just can't be resized.  My fingers look so much nicer, but looks like my diamond eternity band is going to have to sit in a drawer because its loose even when I wear it on my middle finger.

Do you have any flipped NSVs you want to share?

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

TXKashmir
on 6/10/13 2:21 am - Grand Prairie, TX

Just four words...I miss my titties...

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

shygirlxoxo
on 6/11/13 12:03 am - savannah, GA
RNY on 12/04/12

LOLOLOL we need a like button. Me too. I didnt expect to miss them so bad!

-Anna  HW: 401 | SW: 377 (12/04/12) Blog: http://notfattabulous.blogspot.com

Vdekker
on 6/10/13 2:26 am - Mt
RNY on 12/21/12

Just a suggestion for the ring.  Get a nice to chain to match and wear it as a necklace, they are wonderful!!

Congradulations on your sucesses!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/10/13 2:54 am - OH

Ditto on the ring sizing.  I have a beautiful anniversary ring that I have had to wear on a chain (which isn't anywhere close to the same, IMO).

Other things: not enough body weight to help force a shovel into hard clay soil or to insert a garden hook into said soil; not enough body weight to hold back a very strong, energetic 50-pound puppy(!);  sore hip bones if you sleep on your side too long; sore butt if you seat in a ballpark/stadium seat too long; bruise more easily without the fat to pad the veins/capillaries; more difficult to float in a pool.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

65rosesmom
on 6/10/13 3:55 am

I didn't think about the sore body thing, I try to ignore it and pretend its gone away.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012

MyLady Heidi
on 6/10/13 3:32 am

Besides wishing I was rich and young enough to enjoy the body I didn't have when I was in my 20's and 30's, I can't think of anything. 

ShadeMcG
on 6/10/13 4:13 am
RNY on 11/04/12

1)  My 22 year old daughter stealing my clothes...we are in the same dress size (12)...I only have a few things that fit me well and when they go missing...I know she's stopped by the house!  The dangers of having a job that results in travel, I can't protect my closet when I'm in Europe.

2)  I look like a battered woman...I always bruised easy...lol...and now I really bruise easy

3)  I'm driving my hubby crazy because I can't sit still anymore.  Too much energy!  He's not a sedentary guy, but I have the fidgets in the worst way!

Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Height:  5'11", Highest Weight:  281  Surgery Weight:  266 Goal Weight:  165  Current Weight:  170

Reel
on 6/10/13 6:40 pm

My go****hought that I was the only one that was having a serious bruising issue. I've never seen as many bruises in my whole life, as I have seen over the last 6 months. 

65rosesmom
on 6/10/13 9:58 pm

Have you had your vitamin K checked?   From what I understand extra bruising can be related to a deficiency in K. 

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views