Belly button infection

sniffles722002
on 5/16/13 4:15 pm - Puyallup, WA
So, due to all my weight loss, I've been getting belly button infections. Does anyone have suggestions on what will help them? Or any experience with this? I am 1 1/2 years out and down 161 pounds. Weight fluctuates from 115 -120 depending on how well my colon is working.
Any way, can anyone give me suggestions? Also, does this kind of infection count when trying to get skin removal paid for by insurance or do they need more?
MultiMom
on 5/16/13 8:53 pm - NH

It is probably a yeast infection caused by the belly button holding moisture because air isn't drying it allowing yeast to grow. Go to the Dr and get it documented for possible skin removal approval. Most insurance companies will only allow the skin below the belly button to be removed. Mine did approve that (called a panniculectomy), but when I had mine done I 'upgraded' to having my belly button moved, thus allowing all of my abdominal skin to be pulled down and not still having the hood over my belly button. I do have pictures in my profile including before and afters.

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss!

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/16/13 11:38 pm - OH

Yes, the insurance company will want more, but belly button issues also "count".  Many insurance companies, t5hough, require that the pannus be a certain size regardless pof rash issues.

Make sure you clean your belly button out with a QTip (wash and rinse, not just swab) every day (twice a day when there is an issue), and make sure to use a fresh swab to dry it thoroughly.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 198 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?