Would you like something to drink with your something to drink?

Mph05mph06
on 5/20/13 5:19 am, edited 5/20/13 5:22 am
I have come to the conclusion that this is going to be a very long two weeks. Very long but also very worth it. Feeding my kids proved to be a little challenging... I usually snack on what they don't eat. I think I might learn some things about myself through this liquid diet faze. I'm anxious for June third to get here. I bought a variety of shakes to try... That should keep me from getting bored. What kinds of shakes do you drink??? I have slim fast high protein, Atkins, and EAS advantedge. I'm looking fwd to day 4, day one has been a shock!
I also want to say thank you for all the support I have already received.
Ready for the losers bench!
madeformore
on 5/20/13 5:50 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Atkins Advantage Mocha Latte is still a favorite, at 11 months post-op. Yummo! Its the only one I ever really liked and I still drink one almost every day.

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

nurl
on 5/20/13 7:19 am
RNY on 05/14/13
I am drinking that one now

PetHairMagnet
on 5/20/13 5:51 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I only drink the chocolate premier shakes. Very filling and not chalky. I get 18 at Costco for 25$ and they often (right now, actually!) run a coupon so I got two boxes for 20$ each.

I was on the liquid diet for 22 days and by the third day, I was not having any trouble at all. But I was really dedicated to the success of the entire lifestyle change.  One thing I did two or three months before my surgery was brought a pan of soapy water to the table and when everyone was done, they scraped their food into the soapy pan, so no nibbles for mom. I swear 35 of my extra lbs are from nibbling what was left on plates over the years! Food I was not hungry for, did not want, but ate all the same. Try that if it is tempting you. 

Jello was my best friend! I bet I ate a box of it every other day for the entire 22 days! 

Butternut bisque soup from Campbell's is 100 calories per serving, two servings in the can. It is great! I had that and the tomato bisque daily. One for lunch, one for dinner. I added ginger to the butternut and basil to the tomato.  My dietician was fine with both of those. Be sure you check with yours, but man I loved it! Eating them now, too, one week after the surgery.

nurl
on 5/20/13 7:21 am
RNY on 05/14/13
Thanks for the great ideas

Jodibee
on 5/20/13 8:51 am

PetHairMaget- Love your screen name... And I can relate. I am a collie owner.kiss

gooddaysunshine
on 5/20/13 10:08 am
RNY on 04/30/13

My favorite protein shake is the chocolate Unjury.

poet_kelly
on 5/20/13 10:16 am - OH

My favorite protein shake is Syntrax Nectar cappuccino. I have one almost every day.  I usually mix it with about ten ounces of raw milk, a little bit of splenda and a little bit of decaf instant coffee.  Sometimes I add a sugar free syrup to it to change up the flavor.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

selhard
on 5/20/13 12:34 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Fast, easy, cheaper, and trust Unjury to be an excellent protein choice:   1 cup milk with 1 scoop Unjury chocolate protein powder in my shaker cup.  IMO, tastes just like drinking a plain 'ol chocolate milk.  You'll love being a loser.

celia1988
on 5/20/13 2:53 pm - WA

I drink Chike protein/meal replacement, my favorite is the Banana or the Vanilla in the blender with some ice and chocolate Torani and PB2 powder.. and I also drink the Syntrax Mint Cookie..... I tried many powders in my first couple weeks after surgery and wasted a lot of money( I still have the half used tubs of ENS and Unjury.. I found that many of the plain whey isolates made my mouth feel funny. I have lost 109 pounds since my surgery on Sept 18, 2012. I cannot believe it when I see it in print on my screen and I still can't believe it is me in the mirror.

These past couple weeks I have found myself grazing a bit more on almonds and feeling a bit hungrier. I get about 70 grams of protein a day.I still need to work on getting in that 64 ounces or more of fluid.. I am going to go back to writing every single bite down. I do not want to get back into old habits, especially as I get farther out and start absorbing more nutrients. This site has been a wonderful support for me and I cannot thank you all enough for your contributions. I work 12 hour shifts and it seems that I have not been able to make one support meeting after surgery, so this has been my go to. Thanks everyone and good luck!

Laurie :-)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views