What food do you or did you miss the most?

honestlinzel
on 5/15/13 1:43 am - CA

Be honest! I am 4.5 weeks post op. What food did you miss the very most since you started the pre-op diet and until you could eat it again? Or if you never ate it again!

In all honestly, the thing I miss the very most is salad. Next week I move to normal foods and I will be able to have salad. However, I did try a piece of lettuce a few days ago and it did not go well.

so tell me yours!

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

TJLJ
on 5/15/13 1:46 am - winnipeg, Canada

I'm only 2 weeks post op, but had 2 weeks of liquid diet before then.  So for a total of 4 weeks now.  I can't say I really "miss" anything in particular, but what I do miss is FLAVOUR AND SUBSTANCE!  To bite down on something, to savour the flavour..... that's what I miss so far.... plus BBQ season is here.... sigh.....

Ref letter Nov 11, group session Dec 12/12,   RNY - April 30/13

honestlinzel
on 5/15/13 1:50 am - CA
On May 15, 2013 at 8:46 AM Pacific Time, TJLJ wrote:

I'm only 2 weeks post op, but had 2 weeks of liquid diet before then.  So for a total of 4 weeks now.  I can't say I really "miss" anything in particular, but what I do miss is FLAVOUR AND SUBSTANCE!  To bite down on something, to savour the flavour..... that's what I miss so far.... plus BBQ season is here.... sigh.....

I remember that! It sucked.

I live in CA, it is BBQ season year round :(

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

AprilFresh4U
on 5/15/13 1:50 am - OH
RNY on 03/25/13

PIZZA!!!! Oh pizza come back to me!!!

Eva1230
on 5/15/13 1:53 am
I'm only ten weeks out and I want steak!!!

I have to wait until six months out

Also, a beer lol
Neen L.
on 5/15/13 2:12 am - Arlington, VA

Cruciferous vegetables in general were off-limits for awhile and all I wanted was grandma's broccoli casserole. Broccoli and cheese should get married.

I don't miss anything at all at this point because I eat everything that I enjoy. It's just different now. Portions in general are smaller, and protein still come first, but I have sweets and other carbs in small doses. Generally I try to make the carbs healthy, whole grain, high fiber ones. I still log my food for the sake of accountability and to ensure that I am getting adequate protein and iron, but for the most part it's just everything in moderation.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

MyLady Heidi
on 5/15/13 2:18 am

I don't miss the food that got me fat.  Food is not my friend anymore.  But I did have to reply to Neen's post about broccoli and cheese should be married, when I was MO one of the things I loved to make and no one loved but me, so you can imagine I ate the whole pan myself, was homemade mac and cheese with broccoli florets.  It was sooooo good.  I can't eat broccoli at all anymore, it gives me excruciating gas.  I don't eat mac and cheese either, too fattening.  My diet has changed so much that what I used to eat is such a distant memory of the bad time I spent MO.  I rarely, if ever really think about it.

Neen L.
on 5/15/13 3:54 am - Arlington, VA

LOVE mac and cheese with broccoli. Can't eat more than a few bites, but yum.

I think that one of the things that makes RNY really manageable is that you can adapt it to your specific situation. In my case, it was never a particular food or food groups that got me fat--I'd binge on anything from fried chicken to salad. RNY surgery was a great option for me because the malabsorption got me on the right path while I re-learned how to eat, and the restriction has helped me to maintain long-term.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

kikidoll
on 5/15/13 2:20 am - MA
RNY on 03/20/13
To be honest, for like the first week home I really missed Cheetos... Lol. I hadn't had them in about 3 months before surgery and I told myself I'd buy a little individual bag before I had surgery and totally forgot. That said, don't really miss them anymore.

Right now I miss steak, have thought about buying a little tenderloin but they're so expensive and I really don't want to get sick on it. I eat chicken almost every day. Kinda burnt out on it.

Age: 26  Height: 5'11  Highest Weight: 278  Goal: 160  Surgeon: Dr. Rebecca Shore

cajungirl
on 5/15/13 4:05 am

Buy you a small tenderloin....it'll last you 3-4 meals :).  If it's tender you should be able to eat it, just go slow and if it bothers you wrap it well and freeze it for another time.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views