Chicken: I love and HATE you!!!

honestlinzel
on 5/15/13 5:35 am - CA

I am 4 1/2 weeks post op. I think I am giving up on chicken for a while. :(

I love chicken! Its not really expensive, and there is so much you can do with it. However, I have tried it 3 times now and every time I am in pain and feeling nauseous for a long time after eating it. HOWDAREYOUCHICKEN! 

So, how long should I wait to try it? 6 months?

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

Dee.spunk
on 5/15/13 6:59 am - Sacramento, CA
I think I was three months out when I tried chicken. It's one of those foods that's a hit or miss. Sometimes I can eat it fine, other times it causes me to feel overly stuffed.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Kidda G.
on 5/15/13 7:18 am

The first 6 months I could not hold down chicken at all even with small bites. Was very heavy in the pouch; felt dry so I just avoided it altogether. Now at 10 months I might try it a few times in a month only if its super moist in tiny amounts & as chicken salad. But I seem to have lost the taste for it so its not my go to protein. I would recommend you chew more so then usual & find moist portions. Good luck

Don 1962
on 5/15/13 9:08 am

The only two times I had "projectile vomiting" as a post op were in too stringy/dry of chicken.  Even at five years out there are still times that I feel my pouch telling me we are about to have an issue with the chicken.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

madeformore
on 5/15/13 9:54 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

I started with dark meat, which is much more moist, and had better luck that when I tried eating chicken breast. Remember to not overcook it as that dries it out. Pick recipes that make it super moist - like in the crockpot with a cream soup or something similar. Good luck!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Karen R.
on 5/15/13 2:34 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

You sound just like me!  I had my surgery on the 14th, and I've tried chicken exactly once.  It was my first dinner when I progressed to pureed foods.  Man, was that unpleasant.  I didn't throw up.  But I did end up lying down, holding my stomach and moaning some!  I haven't tried it since because I'm afraid of a repeat.  I have another two and a half weeks of pureed food on my plan before moving to soft foods.  I plan to give it another whirl then.  We'll see how it goes.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

KendraB1
on 5/16/13 12:10 am - DE
RNY on 11/05/12

Yep, chicken can be a ***** One of the only times I have thrown up has been on chicken (twice!). Now it is ok, I'm with Dee, it can be pretty hit or miss!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 287 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics