Hot Hula Fitness

netnay
on 5/15/13 2:48 pm
RNY on 03/27/13
Has anybody tried the Hot Hula Fitness dvds by Anna-Rita Sloss? I have been contemplating buying them for the past couple of weeks and I finally bought them. I got them in the mail today and plan on first trying them out in the morning. I was wanting to know how effective they are. I needed something that was low-impact due to my rheumatoid arthritis. And this looks like so much fun.

'View

Missstacy
on 5/15/13 3:40 pm
Hi,

I have done the hot hula class at a fitness center, I have not tried the DVDs, but I really liked the class, I was surprised how much of a workout I got from it. It is definitely not low impact on the thighs and knees, as you are standing with your knees bent the entire time and moving your hips back and forth. I just did the class on Monday and am still sore! Not sure if I really answered your question, but hopes this helps!
Louise1974
on 5/16/13 5:37 am

I haven't done them but there was a hoop troop by me and we would meet weekly and hoop together.  it was really fun and I noticed some really good toning in my abs.  Did you get a special hoop?  The ones we used were weighted and really big, I don't think it would have been fun with a regular hoop.

netnay
on 5/16/13 12:16 pm
RNY on 03/27/13
This actually the hula dance like the Samoan and Hawaiians do. I tried it today. It is going to take time for me to be able to do the whole thing but it was so much fun!!

'View

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 439 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 374 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 104 views