failed bowel prep?

emt_amy
on 5/16/13 11:54 pm - MN
on wed i was in the er for excruciating abdomen pain. spent 7 hours there(930-4) after being up since 3 am. they ran a bunch of tests, xrays, and a ct scan. everything came back normal. they said on the ct scan it showed a severe amount of stool in my colon. mind you they have been telling me im constipated and have alot of stool in my colon for almost a year, but no tips on how to fix it. so they sent me home with a piece of paper telling me to do a bowel prep with a buttload of mirilax. i took 15 doses in a 3 hour period yesterday morning and started havving watery stool about 4pm. i think it didnt work. no real big bowel movement yet and nothing is really moving still. got up only once last night. whats your guys opinions? i have to call and make a follow up for next week. did it not work? am i just too impatient?

Kim S.
on 5/17/13 12:40 am - Helena, AL

Definitely stay on top of this......if you have some type of blockage, it could be life threatening.

Megan S.
on 5/17/13 2:18 am - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 03/07/13

I don't think I'd wait to follow up next week. You should call and let your doc know that you were in the ER, did the bowel prep and still nothing. Especially if your still in pain.

Good Luck!!

~Megan

emt_amy
on 5/17/13 2:23 am - MN
i was at the hospital where my surgeon is. the only availible day i can see him is on wed and i work that day which i cant miss at all. im not cramping since then. i just cant believe they kept telling me im constipated but not tell me what to do besides drink mirilax. i have ducolax that im gonna try tonight when i get home from work if i dont have a blowout soon.

Christy C.
on 5/17/13 7:14 am - Oklahoma City, OK
If there is watery stool you may have an impaction. You can check for yourself or if you have a loved one willing to help!

HW 280  SW 258     GW 165

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 247 views