Before & After....2 months post op today :)

kikidoll
on 5/20/13 9:46 am - MA
RNY on 03/20/13

I just felt like sharing this.  I have never in my life felt comfortable taking a picture but as I've been losing it has been much more fun.  I am starting to have a thinner face, my chubby face was the big hindrance in the past!  Plus my cousin is a makeup artist and she taught me how to do my makeup really nice, so it has helped with my confidence level.  This surgery has been the best decision I've ever made so far.  I really hope that never changes (unless for something ULTRA SUPER HAPPY!!!)

The photo on the left is 1 week before surgery and the photo on the right was taken today :)

Age: 26  Height: 5'11  Highest Weight: 278  Goal: 160  Surgeon: Dr. Rebecca Shore

DoryAnne2
on 5/20/13 9:58 am
RNY on 04/01/13

WOW.  That's quite a change already.  I had my surgery 7 weeks ago but don't think my weight loss has been as dramatic as yours.  I had a hard time adjusting to everything the first several weeks, especially how different everything tasted and how different everything felt going down as I began on soft foods.  But my tolerance is growing and I'm grateful to have this time when I'm not hungry and the weight is finally coming off.  Good luck to you.  I look forward to seeing your progress.  Dory Anne

kikidoll
on 5/20/13 10:04 am - MA
RNY on 03/20/13

Thanks! :) I feel like it's hard to see the changes sometimes, especially because you look at yourself everyday.  I bet you're more changed than your realize!! Good luck with your journey! :)

Age: 26  Height: 5'11  Highest Weight: 278  Goal: 160  Surgeon: Dr. Rebecca Shore

DoryAnne2
on 5/20/13 10:34 pm
RNY on 04/01/13

You're right.  I'm down almost 40 pounds since my top weight, so I know I look differently.  I can FEEL the differences in my body (especially when I shower) more than seeing them, since I'm still so far from goal.  I'm glad I found this site, though, since it's good to talk to people who are actually experiencing what I am.  I'm working on really changing my perceptions with food since I know this isn't a "quick fix," and I'll need to make permanent changes if I don't want this to be just another "diet" where I lose weight, go back to bad eating habits, and regain.  That's my fear. 

cajungirl
on 5/20/13 9:59 am
You look fantastic. Don't you love dressing up and playing with make-up? Great job! You're hair is gorgeous too.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

kikidoll
on 5/20/13 10:06 am - MA
RNY on 03/20/13

Thank you so much! I DO love dressing up and putting on some makeup, it's really great for my mood. It helps me to see the loss more, because when I don't dress cute or have makeup on, I feel like I look like the old me, but I know that I've lost 52 lbs and that I'm just warped in the head, haha.

ShadowHR
on 5/20/13 9:59 am - WI
RNY on 04/04/13

WOW, You look amazing.  How much weight have you lost between those two pics?

congrats on your efforts , you will be at goal in no time.

susan

Surgery Weight 245

kikidoll
on 5/20/13 10:08 am - MA
RNY on 03/20/13

Thank you very much :) I have lost 52 lbs since the whole journey started in december, but since those pics, I think I've lost more like 34 lbs.

I'm only 7 lbs from halfway to goal so I'm hoping I can keep losing as much as I can during the first 6 months :)

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/13 10:08 am - Durham, NC
You Look Beautiful!!! Congratulations!
lorimiller72
on 5/20/13 10:13 am - NC
Wow, you look total awesome. I know what you mean about a chubby face that was a major reason for this new lifestyle for me I am only 11 days out so still trying to figure it all out. Keep up the great work
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 427 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 260 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 115 views
Recent Topics