Chicken salad on a regular white dinner roll = horrible gas

JanBooth
on 5/20/13 9:41 pm - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

For my daughter's Sweet 16 birthday party, I made tons of food.  Included in the food choices were yummy, little chicken salad sandwiches on white dinner rolls.  I tasted the chicken salad, that was premade, and it was delicious!  I avoided them at the party, choosing plain turkey and ham with corn and black bean salsa.  The cake was beautiful, and after having a very, very tiny bite of each layer flavor, I was satisfied. I also made a huge amount of sweet and savory meatballs that went like wildfire!  I had one and it was good, but not enough to risk dumping. 
So, last night, the chicken salad sandwich just wouldn't let me be.  I had one.  It was very good....I mean VERY good.  However, I've had such horrible gas (I'm assuming from the roll? Carbs?) that I don't want another one...ever! I did a search on here about simple carbs and am nearly sure that the roll is the culprit.  At first I thought I might be lactose intolerant, but having had no dairy products much after breakfast, it was at dinnertime, I'm going with the roll...never to have another.  No need for one, anyway. 
At the party, I saw many people who hadn't seen me in months.  Sooo many compliments.  One of my daughter's middle school classmates was in tears when she saw me.  We went on an 8th grade trip to Washington, DC together, as I was a chaperone, and I could barely make it around, walking was so difficult.  So, she was crying "happy tears" for me.  Sweet girl. She struggles with her weight, also.
I was surprised at how enjoyable the party was without food being my priority, as it had been in the past.  I barely ate, actually.  Dancing, talking, having fun, and keeping the teens in one place were enough to keep me busy. 

Janet

L

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

glad2balive
on 5/20/13 10:31 pm

Glad the party was successful and entertaining. Glad you got to rejoice with some old friends.

Sorry your after party snack made you feel bad.  Not sure what could have caused it either.

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

BWB
on 5/21/13 1:32 am

For me it would have been ham with corn and black bean salsa and even a small bite of cake (frosting too, huh?)  

I sure hate the gas part of RNY.  

JanBooth
on 5/21/13 1:14 pm - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

The cake didn't bother me.  I was surprised.  It had no frosting...it was supposed to.  When we went for the taste testing, my daughter and her friend did the tasting.  The cake had lots of frosting and fillings.  The banana cake had tons of caramel.  When the fondant was removed from the cake, there was such a small amount of frosting, I wouldn't even call it frosting. I was fine with it, though. 
This is my first episode of gas with foods and RNY.  I don't look forward to future episodes

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 464 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 379 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 312 views