3 days away from 2 years out!! Anniversary!

Scherrie Tappin
on 5/22/13 4:34 am - CT

Hello all, In 3 days I will celebrate my 2 year surgiversay! angry  Even though, it's been a journey, lots of learning and discipline, it's well worth the effort, and I'm grateful! I've lost 144 pounds. 

OK, so here's the question...I have 27 lbs. left to goal. I've been exercising every other day for about an hour, jogging, weights for arms, and push ups (against the wall). I track daily and keep my calories at 1,200 and not going over or sometimes not even getting to 1,200. I take my vitamins. I watch my processed foods, sugar (limited), veggies, and limited fruit and processed carb intake. Protein can be increase but try to get in at least 70 grams a day.

Can anyone give me some advice on how I can get this last 27 pounds off?  Thank you.

RNY 5/25/2011                        
ToNewBeginnings
on 5/22/13 4:58 am

I'm wondering if you may not be eating enough?

When I want to lose weight I need to eat between 1200 and 1550 calories a day without exercise. ...just a thought?

Scherrie Tappin
on 5/22/13 11:53 pm - CT

Good morning, ToNewBeginnings

Wow, really? I get so nervous about eating more than 1,000 a day!!  To be honest, last night I ate more than 1,200 calories and the scale did come down this morning!! I weighed in at 165.8 !!

Do you think I should up my calories?

Thanks,

Scherrie.

RNY 5/25/2011                        
ToNewBeginnings
on 5/23/13 6:10 am

I used sparkpeople.com to help me figure out how many calories to eat to lose. I follow what they suggest and it works for me.

I'm 5'9 and weigh about the same as you currently.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/22/13 5:25 am
Hey Scherrie! Good to see you. Congrats on your anniversary! 144 pounds is terrific.
I have no suggestions on loss except this: what is your body fat? Sometimes we get stuck on a number without any context. I think aiming for a healthy body fat is a good goal to work toward, in addition to your scale goal.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Scherrie Tappin
on 5/22/13 11:59 pm - CT

Good morning RosyKate 73,

Thank you! I don't know what my body fat is. I weighed in this morning at 165.8! So I did break that stall, and to be honest, I feel comfortable like this. When at 167/169 I feel as if I'm always tugging at my clothes and also I feel that my stomach fat seems to "peer" over my jeans when I sit down. I want to be fit and lean! I don't want to have come this far and still be uncomfortable. My BMI is still in the "Overweight" range and I'm not happy about that. But boy oh boy, did I walk everywhere I had to go yesterday and didn't even get out of breath! 2 years ago I couldn't make it down the block without thinking my back was going to cave in or my legs would fall off! So I am grateful and happy!!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you! Scherrie

RNY 5/25/2011                        
Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/23/13 1:15 am
I had the Bod Pod testing done at a local sports medicine clinic. It cost about $35. I chose it because it is more accurate than bioelectrical impedence and calipers. When I had it done in August my body fat was 36%. Too high. So I have been giving a concerted effort to exercise and eating right. I will get it checked again soon. I'm aiming for 25%.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Scherrie Tappin
on 5/23/13 1:29 am - CT

@ RoseyKate - Hmmm, I see. I don't know what my body fat percentage is. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the info.

Best, Scherrie.

RNY 5/25/2011                        
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?