Dizzy spells?

gooddaysunshine
on 5/23/13 4:19 pm
RNY on 04/30/13
Over the past week I began experiencing dizziness when I lay down and when I rise from laying or sitting. Sometimes just a little...other times feel like I need to hold on to something the room is spinning so bad. Anyone else experience this?

illinois Gama D.
on 5/23/13 4:28 pm

possible dehydration, that is how my body reacted, also just had a inner ear infection and was the same thing, denise

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

JJ_
on 5/23/13 8:59 pm

check with your PCP, it could also be blood pressure.  You do not want to pass out and hit your head leading to something else.

Judy

Megan S.
on 5/23/13 11:45 pm - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 03/07/13

I have this every single morning. I was thinking it's my BP.

cookiegirl
on 5/24/13 12:13 am - Staten Island, NY

Could definitely be a blood pressure issue.  I suffered from this for a couple of months- as I lost weight, my blood pressure dropped, but I continued taking my regular dose of bp medication.  I would be so dizzy about an hour after I got to work.  I started thinking- why wasn't I dizzy when I left the house- ahhh- I take my meds and vitamins before I walk out the door.  Spoke with Dr- cut the dose in half (metroprolol form 100 2x a day to 1x a day). I take it before I go to bed. No more dizzy, bp perfect, heart rate 60. So, it could be medication- or you could just have a dip in bp.

brenda_m
on 5/24/13 12:25 am - Renick, WV

Im pre-op, but I was on the atkins diet years ago. I was getting dizzy all the time and it was my sugar. It was so low that it made me dizzy. Even being on this 6 month pre-op diet and exercise, Im getting dizzy, and Im almost sure its my sugar level. Just something else to consider.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/24/13 1:42 am

This is called postural hypotention. Eventually things will level itself out. Make sure you stay hydrated. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

gooddaysunshine
on 5/25/13 2:42 pm
RNY on 04/30/13

Thank you for giving this a name for me!  I'm afraid it is due to dehydration.  I go to my surgeon on 5/29 for a scheduled follow up and I'm afraid they're going to want to put me back in the hospital for an IV to rehydrate.  Really don't want to go back in, but my scale hasn't moved for over a week now either, so I wonder if I am dehydrated if the dizziness and lack of weight loss are the result.

BluIzGal
on 5/24/13 10:43 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

My dizziness is often associated with change in posture and sometimes for extended periods of time. My blood pressure has dropped to 90s/50s since surgery. I think the extended periods are caused by a lack of hydration. I'm 10.5 months out and have felt this way since surgery. 

jjordan3
on 5/24/13 3:49 pm - greenfield, IN
RNY on 03/25/13

My surgeon said that this is because your blood pressure is low.  She recommended standing up more slowly and giving myself a moment to steady before walking.  After my surgery I did notice my BP lowering significantly.

Surgery Date: March 25, 2013

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 450 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views