Saw Ortho today!

Missy A.
on 5/28/13 11:19 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

And I couldn't be happier. Dx'd with Runners Knee and arthritis, I can start walking again tomorrow. He does want me to be more careful and of course no running or jogging and would like me to start swimming or biking mainly, but I'll take it! As long as I didn't hear that I need an injection or surgery, I'm fine. He did say I have four little spurs on my knee, but he didn't seemed too concerned about that. He did get a little rude when I told him I couldn't take NSAIDs, but I just ignored him...lol.

i can't wait to get back to the gym!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

LadyLilMax
on 5/28/13 11:33 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Congrats on such an amazing weight loss and such an encouraging report!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

poet_kelly
on 5/28/13 11:38 am - OH

I'm sorry he was rude about the fact that you can't take NSAIDS. That's nothing he should be rude about.  Really, he shouldn't be rude to you at all, when you are paying for his services.  But would he be rude if you said you were allergic to a particular antibiotic?  not being able to take NSAIDS is pretty similar to that, so I don't understand why  a doctor would be rude about it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Missy A.
on 5/28/13 1:58 pm - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

I agree Kelly and usually when someone is rude to me, I'll call them out on it, ESPECIALLY if I am paying them! But I was so happy with the results of my X-rays, I just totally ignored him!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

PetHairMagnet
on 5/29/13 9:35 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On May 28, 2013 at 6:38 PM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:

I'm sorry he was rude about the fact that you can't take NSAIDS. That's nothing he should be rude about.  Really, he shouldn't be rude to you at all, when you are paying for his services.  But would he be rude if you said you were allergic to a particular antibiotic?  not being able to take NSAIDS is pretty similar to that, so I don't understand why  a doctor would be rude about it.

Totally agree with this!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 252 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics