Approved and surgery date!!!!

glamourqueen64
on 6/4/13 3:44 am - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Yep!!! July 2! Praying all will work out so that my job will allow me the 2 1/2 weeks off. It will more likely be three. My two week appointment is on the 18th, which is technically 2 days after 2 weeks~~but anyhow~~July 2nd is just 4 weeks away! Wow!

Thank you, Lord! Thank you all for your support and prayers and I am sure I will be on here for a long time to come. I am so excited! Gotta get ready to go to work now, and let them know about the surgery. so~~let's see if they will let me have the time off.

Wish me luck!

aprilchanel
on 6/4/13 4:20 am

I am So Excited for you Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! i cant wait for you to tell how it went i am a newbie so i need all the info i can get i am currently waiting on my date now the waiting part sucks, But i am so happy for you i know you will do just fine! i will be cheering for you and Good Luck

glamourqueen64
on 6/4/13 12:39 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Thanks for the cheering! I remember when I I first became a member of OH back in December right after my informational session with the surgeon! I have been "soakin' up" information from "here and there". I read a great many posts and realize each person is unique in their situation. I am just getting the nerves rattling now. I can't wait, and then I can wait. My head is playing that "mind game" right now with me! Uggghhhh!!

You will get through the waiting. I did 6 visits beginning in January and the last one was yesterday!

Stay informed~make friends~and listen (well, read)!

Connie

adamlandreth
on 6/4/13 4:22 am - NC

For work, I contacted our HR department to get an FMLA form and had it completed by my surgeon, returned, and approved before telling my boss of my time off--not much room to give you a hard time if you have FMLA.  And your surgeon will probably give you three and then you can come back in early and amend the FLMA if you'd like.  My surgeon wrote me out for 4 weeks to have a cushion should I need it.  My surgery is schedule for 6/25/13! 

It comes down to a simple question: what do you want out of life, and what are you willing to do to get it?

glamourqueen64
on 6/4/13 12:58 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Trust me, mine is not as easy as that! We must first let the guy who does the scheduling know~~then I probably will have to call the benefits line, and then get paperwork~~~and go that route~~and I just came back to work after being off for 13 months from a worker's comp case, which makes it a bad thing. So, ~~~they may not be thrilled with me. The time I had off, they technically counted as FMLA, so I don't know if I would qualify for more FMLA. If you have more than 14 days off, then you must get an approval for a leave. So, I may be in a bind. But, I am praying about it, and will see what God has in store for me. I left the guy a note and just told him that I had been having issues with my health and I have been scheduled to have surgery, and will be off three weeks and need two other days off, one for a pre-op/anesthesiologist visit, and the other for 2-week post-op visit. I work for a larger retail company and only worked about 6 full months, then had 13 off, now just worked 4, then have this time off. I pray they will allow it. Thanks for the information! Best wishes for your surgery! They offered me the last week of June and I declined so that I could at least give my employer 4 weeks notice. Let me know how it goes!

Connie

Needanewbeginning
on 6/4/13 4:21 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Congrats! Great news! In Canada our laws don't allow companies to not permit leaves for surgery, so I hope your company where you live is accommodating for you as well.

angry

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

glamourqueen64
on 6/4/13 1:02 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Thank you! If you read the reply to the post prior to yours, you will get my story. I am praying that nothing will stop me! I want to do this for my health! I want to get off of this metformin, this protonix, pepcid, and zonegram for pain in my thighs due to rapid weight gain! I pray my job will allow me time for this surgery! I have only missed one day in the past 4 months! And I have performed well above all standards according to records!

Connie

Jennifer39
on 6/4/13 4:59 am
Yayy!!!! One week before me!!! Can't wait to see your journey!
glamourqueen64
on 6/4/13 1:04 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

We will both be in July! We can help support one another! If you are not my friend already, friend me, so we can keep in touch and write emails back and forth! Take care, Jennifer, and I know you are excited too! kiss

Connie

Teach64
on 6/4/13 8:18 am - OH
RNY on 07/01/13

Awesome news! I'm so happy for you - my surgery is July 1st so maybe we can give each other support :-)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 762 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 272 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 90 views
Recent Topics