Four years out and gaining weight, time to get back on track!!!

Paula C.
on 6/10/13 6:30 am

My nutritionist said something that was VERY helpful to me in the four months leading up to my surgery that I was working with her (see her again Monday and I am very excited to talk with her!) that if it is not your hydration or protein you should have 3 bites when you are trying to lose weight.

The first bite is always the best and the next two give you all your mouth can appreciate. By the 4th bite, true eating/taste pleasure is gone. It is all mental after that third bite. I can do this!!!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/10/13 6:46 am - OH

I eat my protein first at every meal (well, I do sometimes have a small bite of a side item while it is still nice and hot), so I usually only have room for about 3 bites of any side dishes.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

PetHairMagnet
on 6/11/13 12:53 am
RNY on 05/13/13

That was what mine said to me as well. It REALLY helped me before surgery and once I can eat more than 3 bites, then I am sure it will help me after, too. lol ;)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Sherry T.
on 6/11/13 3:16 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

Interesting, never head that before....definitely will try it.   

65rosesmom
on 6/11/13 3:18 am

I think that is good advice.  I can eat larger portions than I could early out, but I try to put mostly protein on my plate.  Three bites is a good plan.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

MyLady Heidi
on 6/11/13 3:52 am

The three bite rule was always for desserts.  I am not doing the protein first thing anymore, my meals contain protein but I am trying to add healthy vegetables and fruit everyday.  The obsession with protein with everything is just that, an obsession.  Too much protein can cause all sorts of additional problems.  I am considering going back to the US government standard of about 47 grams for females.  I typically do 60, but I think it is too much personally.  I eat 1000 calories mon-fri and about 1500 on the weekends to maintain.  To lose I cut more and stop any treats I have over the weekend.  But I am at goal and not actively trying to lose weight.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics