Almost 10 months out and having pain...

Missy A.
on 6/10/13 9:35 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

On the left side of my stomach. It has been happening for the last week, mostly after I eat or drink, but not every time and not all the time. It comes and goes. If you feel where it hurts, it feels hard. Not a small lump, but a large round solid knot. Not sure what it is exactly. There is no incision site near the pain, so I don't think it's scar tissue. Any ideas/suggestions/thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

poet_kelly
on 6/10/13 9:48 am - OH

I don't know what it is, but if you've had it for a week, I'd say it's time to see a doctor.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/10/13 9:50 am - OH

Yep, time to see the doctor.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Urbanlamb
on 6/10/13 9:57 am - Canada

Hernia maybe?

Referral Oct 2012~Orientation May 31/13 at Ottawa Civic~Dr.Dent assessment July 16~Nutritionist and Behaviorist Sept 17~ Ultrasound Oct 17~Second appointment with Nutritionist and Behaviorist Nov 6~Approval for RNY!!~BLADDER CANCER DISCOVERED~Currently undergoing treatment for cancer, plans switched from RNY to sleeve...~GOT DATE FOR SURGERY...AUGUST 18th, 2014 with Dr. Yelle*....February 7/17...2.5 years post up and doing great. Starting process for OHIP funded panniculectomy...

ctinnell
on 6/10/13 5:10 pm - TX

Same thing here and also 10 months out. Found out I have a hernia and several ulcers. Need to see Dr ASAP!

65rosesmom
on 6/10/13 10:02 pm

If you can feel it from the outside and its lasted a week, you need to see a doctor.  Hopefully its something simple that can be fixed easily.  keep us updated.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

PetHairMagnet
on 6/11/13 9:12 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Hope you are able to be seen quickly!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 330 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 330 views