Gas pain.....help!

KarenRaeV
on 6/14/13 5:43 pm
RNY on 06/03/13
Hi all! I am 11 days out from surgery and doing well so I thought. I have been up walking the floor since 1AM with painful what I am guessing is gas pains. No idea what has cause them and have been taking gas x thin strips.....not sure how much longer I can stand this...any help would be greatly appreciated

Hope4Roxy
on 6/14/13 6:06 pm - Abbotsford, Canada

Hi, I haven't had surgery yet, but I was wondering if you have taken your tempurature? Is the gas pain the only issue?

patlivs
on 6/14/13 6:17 pm

Hi,

I haven't had my surgery yet so no experience to share. Try sitting on the potty to see if it will help? Praying for you:)

PetHairMagnet
on 6/14/13 9:32 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

My husband only finds relief in certain positions. Normally a hot shower also helps him. He just goes in there and toot-toot-toots!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

lovedbymany09
on 6/14/13 11:51 pm - NC
RNY on 06/03/13
Walk walk walk, trust me it helps. I had my surgery 6/3/13 and it helps me a lot. I feel better each day.

The race isn't given to swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...Be Blessed!!!

angeleigh
on 6/14/13 11:51 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Warm liquids, heating pad on your tummy or back, depending on where you feel the pain. Are you drinking milk? milk can make really bad gas pains if your lactose intolerant after RNY. Peppermint tea can help as well.

Also have you had BMs since surgery? sometimes passing the barium if they did a leak test makes you feel a lot of gas.

http://ibs.about.com/od/gasandbloating/qt/How-To-Ease-Gas-Pa ins-Fast.htm

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

jensieck76
on 6/15/13 12:22 am - TX
I have to agree best thing is to walk,walk and then walk some more!! It really does help and you may also try some warm tea. That helped me alot too. I am only a month out so I know how bad the gas can be. It was my only problem post-op.

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13 laugh

CW 190!!! GW Anything under 200 was the icing on the cake...going for 170...lil more icing never hurt anybody!

KarenRaeV
on 6/15/13 2:46 am
RNY on 06/03/13
Thank you all.... Walking seems to be the only way to get relief. I am not drinking,ilk, nor do I have a temp/. Fever. So walking it s.....oye!

mhogans
on 6/15/13 1:13 pm
VSG on 05/28/13

Walking, Gas-X and warm drinks helped me out the most. I am almost 3 weeks post-op so I know what your going through. It does get better. I still get some gas pains every once in a while but it's not as bad as it was in the beginning. You might try drinking room temp drinks too. I couldn't do anything cold until after I hit 2 weeks.

Feel better and Stay Strong!

Michelle

"For every pound dropped it's one less pound to worry about in my future."

LN040768
on 6/16/13 2:36 am - Fairless Hills, PA

walking helped me with my gas pains, but the heating pad helped immensely. I bought a king sized one. i even put it on low during the night and slept that way. i sleptt  thru the night

Pre Op weight  - 230 (heaviest weight)

Surgery weight - 217

Goal weight - 120

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 415 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 407 views