I thought I had figured out "how to go" everyday, but now I'm not!

AnniesSS
on 6/16/13 4:56 am
RNY on 09/11/12

Thanks for answering my question about constipation issues.  It's been really helpful.  As for the calcium issue - this is not a question I asked anyone to comment on and since my DOCTOR knows about everything going on with my vitamins I do and don't take, I'm trusting his advice as he is my doctor.

Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/16/13 5:26 am - OH

Well, I hope you are having regular bone scans so you can catch the osteoporosis before it becomes debilitating.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 6/16/13 5:59 am - OH

I'm glad you appreciate the excellent advice you received here.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Chamberswife
on 6/16/13 5:06 am
GOOD for you Annie!!! I never realized there were so many DOCTORS on here!

My Surgeon also told me to stop taking my calcium and I listen to him and not anyone posting on here

WOW
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/16/13 5:28 am, edited 6/16/13 5:28 am - OH

Unfortunately, you will likely find that most WLS surgeons are just that... surgeons... and often know little about nutrition before or after RNY.  Even more unfortunately, you will likely find that out when there is a problem that develops.

I would trust the expert, collaborative opinions of the ASMBS before I would trust any single surgeon, including my own.  And the ASMBS says you need daily calcium.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 6/16/13 5:59 am - OH

And if a doctor is telling you that the level of calcium in your blood will tell you when you need to take calcium, he clearly doesn't understand how that works.  Everyone has the right to follow whatever advice they want, but if you post here and say you're doing something that is clearly detrimental to your health, people are going to advise you not to do that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 6/16/13 8:57 am
RNY on 05/13/13

The amount of liquid you are taking in seems not enough to me. What is your total, is that 40 oz or it closer to 80 oz?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

JanicesJourney
on 6/19/13 1:20 pm
RNY on 04/29/13

I am just past week 7, and I've had severe constipation (also a problem before RNY).  I was taking Miralax, milk of magnesia, stool softeners, fiber laxative, and glycerin suppositories, and nothing for 6 weeks.  I talked to my gastroenterologist, and he suggested Senna (aka: sennoside, ex-lax, Senokot). That did the job, at least for now.  I saw the gastro again yesterday.  He said to continue Miralax daily (1/2 of the measuring cap), plus Senna every three days.  Can increase to 2 tablets if needed.  So I plan on trying that.  The good news is that after a 6 week stall, I've lost 5 lbs in 10 days.  My NUT told me not to take the 3 daily iron tablets, and take multivitamins only once a day and the 3 calcium citrate a day.  I also switched to liquid multivitamins instead of the large chalky chewable ones.  Found them on-line at wellesse.com.  Also bought liquid protein, and liquid calcium with vitamin D.  I hope this helps.  It is a very frustrating problem.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 136 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics