An effective dose of willpower

65rosesmom
on 6/16/13 9:15 am, edited 6/16/13 9:16 am

I took my kids for frozen yogurt a couple of days ago and figured I could have some.  I've had small amounts of the NoSugar Added type before.  I did this again, but got a bit greedy (or stupid) and added a few toppings.   I got so very sick afterwards...dumping or not, I'm not sure, but my heart was racing, I was nauseated, super miserable and then just lost all energy and had to take a nap before I could feel better.    Soooo   my husband wanted frozen yogurt for Father's Day tonight, so we packed all the family up after dinner and headed over and there was no way I could even go near the stuff.   For a millisecond I considered getting a very small amount of just the NSA yogurt, but my stomach was churning just thinking about it and I jus****ched everyone else eat.     I don't dump often, and I don't test it often either, but it was a good reminder of why I should keep vigilant.  There is nothing that tastes good enough to feel that way on purpose.  

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

ShadowHR
on 6/16/13 9:31 am - WI
RNY on 04/04/13

Experiences (good and bad) are helpful in making better decisions going forward.  Kudos to you go having the willpower to abstain from the yogurt.

susan

Surgery Weight 245

MyLady Heidi
on 6/16/13 10:37 am

Yeah I only wish that was true but keep that avoidance alive as long as possible.

65rosesmom
on 6/16/13 10:42 am

Yeah, well the misery is still fresh.  I'm sure when it fades a bit, I'll make another mistake...we all do.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

PetHairMagnet
on 6/17/13 7:43 am
RNY on 05/13/13

There is nothing that tastes good enough to feel that way on purpose. 

AMEN TO THAT!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics