Kidney Stones won't leave me alone!

Angela_Italiana
on 6/24/13 11:11 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
Was in the ER for kidney stones on Thursday, and was fine until about 2am yesterday morning. Been on a constant regimen if pain killers and anti-nausea medication since then. Still having a hard time keeping liquids down, but it's slowly getting better. I am so ready for the stone to pass, because this pain is no joke. Thank you again to Lora, for sharing her experience/advice with me. The best way to describe the last two days is they have "majorly sucked!"

Oof, ready to feel normal again!
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/24/13 1:21 pm - OH

Just make sure that, even though you are nauseous, you keep drinking to help push the stone through.  Yes, kidney stones are terrible.  (Glad I could help...)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

mzlaura
on 6/24/13 1:32 pm - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13

So sorry to hear of this! How did u know you had kidney stones?? I know what it feels like to be in constant pain. I have a herniated disk in my back causing bad sciatica down my left leg too the point of being pretty much immobile. I am also on pain medication. Me and you had surgery only a day apart!

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

Angela_Italiana
on 6/24/13 1:41 pm - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
Oh wow, I hope you start feeling better too! On Thursday, I wasn't totally sure what it was until I got to the ER and they did a full-body scan. They were able to see the stones at that point.

It's just so bizarre, because Thursday morning while I was at work I was perfectly fine. From the time I started to feel a little pain to when it was full out excruciating only an hour had gone by. It comes on quickly. I called my surgeon before my primary, and he instructed me to go straight to the ER (I was throwing up and had cold sweats at that point). Glad I didn't wait much longer, the ER doctor was able to give some much needed pain relief.

How is everything going with your surgery?
mzlaura
on 6/24/13 1:46 pm - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13
On June 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM Pacific Time, Angela_Italiana wrote:
Oh wow, I hope you start feeling better too! On Thursday, I wasn't totally sure what it was until I got to the ER and they did a full-body scan. They were able to see the stones at that point.

It's just so bizarre, because Thursday morning while I was at work I was perfectly fine. From the time I started to feel a little pain to when it was full out excruciating only an hour had gone by. It comes on quickly. I called my surgeon before my primary, and he instructed me to go straight to the ER (I was throwing up and had cold sweats at that point). Glad I didn't wait much longer, the ER doctor was able to give some much needed pain relief.

How is everything going with your surgery?

Yikes! That's horrible.. mine has been ongoiing paing getting worse by the days. I've had this horrid leg pain over a month and a half now. My surgery is ok. I have a lot of nausea but that could be from the pain meds... percocet can do this. My weight loss has been slowwww but then again i started at 297 day of surgery so i guess not that bad. I've had some complications from severe constipation landing me in the ER, to my back, and gastritis. It's been tough but i've been managing to get through it. How are you since your surgery? Cannot believe it has been 4 months already seems like we were just waiting to go into surgery yesterday at least for me lol.. now i am seeing surgery dates into August wow!

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

Rachr676
on 9/9/14 7:49 am

I feel for you. I am new to this site and was just told by my doctor that I might need my gastric reversed due to the amount of stones that I have had. I am going to see a few other doctors to get other opinions just for my minds sake. I hope you feel better soon. Those buggers are the WORST pain ever!!! Go see a nephrologist if you keep getting stones. Good luck and take care.

Rachel

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 506 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 418 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 195 views