Real Food

Melissa Nicely
on 6/22/13 2:45 pm - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

As of Monday I will be 7 weeks post op. According to my surgeons plan I can finally get off soft foods and move on to real foods. What are some of your favorite foods for this time?

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/13 3:50 pm - NY
I ate a lot of meats cooked in the crockpot early out to make sure they were moist. I started with Shelly's carnitas (eggface) and Nik's queso chicken (bariatric foodie). I also made a lot of their casseroles, which also helps ensure the meat will be moist. Once I saw I could tolerate beef, chicken and pork in those forms, I ventured out and tried other cooking methods. String cheese and hard boiled eggs were also staples for me.
JJ_
on 6/22/13 5:13 pm

I started to enjoy salads again.  I started with just lettuce and tomatoes with dressing.  Then worked my way up to cucumbers.

I also looked at my food plan from the surgeon and highlighted stuff  wanted to try eating.  Then I went to the store and bought it and prepared the food.  It was a delight to eat stuff again.  I have not had any issues with what I have eaten.  I ensure that any meat is moist or with a sauce.

Have fun with your experimentation.

Judy

Lessoflinda
on 6/22/13 9:47 pm - NY
Chili was, and still is, one of the easiest, and one of my fav's.....

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

PetHairMagnet
on 6/22/13 10:46 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

My husband (9 months post op) loved pork and beef tenderloin, filet mignon, very moist chicken (I did a chicken salad 'spread' in the food processor) and sweet potatoes.

I will only be 6 weeks post op tomorrow and move to 'all foods' two weeks from tomorrow. I am going to try all the things I was making for my husband at that time. :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

baepage
on 6/22/13 11:11 pm - MA
RNY on 04/22/13

I can tolerate almost anything at 9 weeks.  I have a salad with cheese and canned chicken everyday for lunch, I still have 2 yogurts a day, I have fruit, I can eat Veggie burgers (love them).  It is so nice to be out of the soft food stage, and onto eating real food again.  Good luck angry

Barbara

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views