Not losing on 2-week liquid

glamourqueen64
on 6/25/13 2:02 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Yep! Started the 2-week liquid on last Tuesday, the 18th in prep for my surgery coming up next Tues, July 2nd and I have not even lost one pound yet! I have been constipated though! I am on 4 pain pills a day for my back. The NUT and the surgeon both are aware of this since I did tell them at my pre-op meeting this past Thurs. June 20th. The NUT told me it would be okay to take some stool softeners although I think I will begin those on Thursday after work since I will not have to go back to wor****il Saturday after noon and I would not have to worry about using the restroom all of the time at work! I was just wondering if anyone else had any other problem with low weight loss on this liquid diet as well?  At my last scale check, last thursday, I weighed 242. I have already lost 33 lbs since January and doctor is happy with that so far. He did say that I may only lose 6 or 8, and at 0 so far for one week? Can it just come off all of a sudden?? Just a bit nerveous. Well, really alot nerveous about this surgery. Doing really well with the liquid diet, except for Sunday evening when I was at a bridal shower and I had some fresh veggies, not many. I had no sweets, and I brought my own water bottle full of Wyler's sf lemonade! I was not very hungry for that "real" food at all. Still not! Doing good! But just not losing the weight! Frustrating!

Thanks for all your input and encouragement!

Connie

HW: 275.4     SW:  233     CW:  180    GW:  150

JJ_
on 6/25/13 2:30 pm

Please do not wait to take the stool softeners. You do not want to end up in the ER getting the impaction dealt with.

Judy

glamourqueen64
on 6/26/13 2:09 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

The thing is, if I get off of the 4 norco (pain pills) then my back will hurt, and I know this is causing the constipation at the moment. I am passing some BM at the moment, just not much and hard to come by that. I did go by the store and get some stool softener and will take some at noon tomorrow at work (I get off at 3:30 and go back Saturday at 3:30 til 9:30. Then work a few hours on Sunday afternoon. I will take a few more on Sunday so I can have have another bowel movement or two on Monday and then go from there. Surgery is Tuesday.

Sarahakers11
on 6/25/13 6:33 pm - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with
I didn't lose much on the liquid diet either then the day I was released I got my period (late). Then I dropped a bunch. It will even out one way or another. I know it's frustrating. Hang in therr

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

glamourqueen64
on 6/26/13 2:11 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Thanks for the encouragement, although I no longer have a period. I think it is just this constipation. It will all work itself out in the end! Thanks for your input, though. It is greatly appreciated!

angeleigh
on 6/25/13 10:25 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

take 2-3 Non stimulant stool softeners every night. This will help, but you might need to do a bowel prep. So I would call your doctor and tell them about it and ask about a bowel prep. On the liquid diet it should be liquid in, liquid out.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

glamourqueen64
on 6/26/13 2:19 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Yes, on a liquid diet it should be liquid in, liquid out. I am on pain pills 4 x a day and they help constipate you no matter what so I have had to be regular with them for the last week and a half so I would not have so much back and hip pain per family doc and the chiropractor. Also, I work in retail and I am on the first floor and the elevator is across the floor (about two minutes away) then wait for the elevator up to the 2nd floor to the bathroom and I cannot chance that at the moment. I work thurs til 330 so I am going to start the stool softeners at noon because I am off all day friday and don't go back to wor****il Saturday until 330. Sunday I only go in for a few hours in the afternoon, and then have the day off Monday and surgery is Tuesday. So, I will start on Thursday. Stool softeners have always done a "good" and "quick" job on my so I did not want to take chances while at work.  And, while I am off on Friday, I will call and ask the surgeon about a bowel prep, although he they have stated they want me on all clears Monday. Thank you so much for your help!

readytobefit
on 6/26/13 7:10 am
Hello again my surgery partner LOL I did not even check my weight since I been on this 3 week liquid diet! But I feel like I weight 150 LOL. I have also lost 33lbs since January. I am so anxious for next Tuesday for the both of us LOL, hang in there! !
glamourqueen64
on 6/26/13 2:24 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

I cannot get my ticker on this signature to match my weight the 33 lb weight loss, so it still shows only 27 lbs. Who knows? I just gave up on it! It worked on the page it is on, but not on the signature line itself. Anyhow, I have had to pee like a race horse today!! I have not been tempted bad like other people have wrote on here talking about. I only have one child at home and we do not eat together, so that helps. I usually eat alone for now, so that helps! I am determined to get rid of this pain in my body and focus on getting fit and losing this weight! I do have to admit, though, I am scared! Best wishes to you, my surgery partner!!

Connie

Teach64
on 6/26/13 8:59 pm - OH
RNY on 07/01/13

I'm in the same boat! I'm on day 11 of liquid diet (surgery July 1st). I haven't weighed myself, but judging by how my clothes fit I'm not losing....I feel I should be gaunt by now! Lol:-) 

We're almost there! 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?