The positives of my extra pounds!

MultiMom
on 6/25/13 1:31 am - NH

I have finally gained back the extra pounds that I didn't want to lose and added another 10 to be up to a size 4 at 124 pounds. It has been great to be able to buy clothes that I want and not just what is available in a size 2 (or below). As much as all that seems good, it has also been a bit of a difficult transition. I was underweight for so long that I actually got used to it. I'm still a little insecure about the weight but know that it is better AND I feel better. This morning after I weighed myself, as I do every morning, I looked in the full length mirror. I discovered that my former melting thighs don't look that way anymore!! I couldn't wear shorts at all, even Bermuda's because the 'melting' showed too much. Then I looked at my arms that I always covered by short sleeves that HAD to be elbow length to cover my baby bat wings. WOW, I can wear a regular short sleeve shirt again!! I would bet I could even go sleeveless!! 

Just these two discoveries this morning have me smiling like an idiot!! kiss I never thought that in this lifetime I would TRY to gain weight or be happier to be in a larger size, but it has happened!! I decided as long as I could gain a few pounds that I really wanted to be able to wear bootcut Levi's. They were my goal when I was pre-surgery and I ended up not being able to wear them because I got too small.

The only downside is I am shopping again, LOL!!

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Sherry T.
on 6/25/13 1:38 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

That sounds like a good thing :)  probably not to the pocketbook but its nice to be able to go into a store and buy it off the shelf.  I don't need anything, trying to hold out for fall when I hope to go down a couple sizes....and will need some stuff...but I just want to buy me something! LOL 

MultiMom
on 6/25/13 1:48 am - NH

It's hard to decide if I NEED it (usually not) or if I WANT it. I won't go in to debt over any item of clothing, so as long as I wear them it's all good. When I was losing I would buy two pair of Levi's per size. Occasionally I would skip over a size!! Tops seemed to go much longer though. Fall will be fun for you, I think the fall clothing will be out in a week or two 

Martha enlightened

Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4

Larry Wassmann
on 6/25/13 1:43 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

Good for you, I am also a little underweight but have stopped losing. Gets kind of scary. I also have the bat wings and a butt that looks like the craters of the moon. Nice to have the weight off but some of what goes with it is not so good, but I would still do the surgery. I sure can't figure out women's sizes. Wife is a size 4 or smaller in some things and weighs 108. I guess it does not go by waste size like men's pants. Anyway you are doing just great and inspire many of us.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

MultiMom
on 6/25/13 1:55 am - NH

Yeah, women's sizes are terrible. Vanity sizing has taken over the industry! What is a 4 now used to be a 8 years ago. I am not tiny by any means. I can't imagine what truly small people do for clothing. The other thing with women is that we come in all different shapes while men are pretty much the same.

I hope that you can gain some to get out of the underweight category. As my doctor explained to me, if I were to become ill, I really need to have a few pounds on me. Being underweight never did sound like a bad thing when I was obese, but it really isn't good for your health either.

You've done a great job Larry!

Martha enlightened

Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/25/13 2:27 am - OH

Yes, the women's clothing industry is insane.  I have pants that are 14s (two pair, both from 20 years ago (before vanity sizing), but classically tailored), 12s, 10s (most of them), and one size 8.  They all fit about the same, although the two 14s are looser in the hips.  That's ridiculous... As is the fact that there is so much more difference in women's bodies compared to men's!

Yes, as we age we do need a bit more fat in case we become seriously ill.  That is why the body fat chart has different "optimum" ranges based on age. It is only a small amount higher for those over 50, but it is higher.

i am glad you were able to fill out that loose skin!  What a terrific bonus for getting to a healthier weight!  That should help your brain accept those extra pounds.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MultiMom
on 6/25/13 2:49 am - NH

Thanks Lora! It is a transition, but it is coming quicker now that I "outed" myself. LOL!! 

Martha enlightened

Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4

Calla Lily
on 6/25/13 2:17 am
RNY on 01/23/12

I am very happy for you! I know you have wanted to gain for over a year right? I think you should post a picture of the new healthier sized you!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

MultiMom
on 6/25/13 2:30 am - NH

Thank you Miss Calla!! I should do that, maybe tomorrow :)

Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4

Mary Catherine
on 6/25/13 8:14 am

When I was 10 pounds under my goal I had these two loose pieces of breast tissue that were like the wings you tuck into a turkey neck.  I had to tuck them into my bra.  If I wanted to go braless I had these adhesive papers to hold my boobs up.  Now at my goal weight my little wings are gone and I have enough fat in my breasts so I can go braless if I want to.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?