Foamies need help!!!!!

Kristenselfs
on 6/27/13 1:55 pm - PA
7 weeks post op and don't know what caused this, been having severe pain and the foamies for over an hour. Burning, pain coming and going, I thought maybe as I was drinking a protein shake and drank too fast, but right before I got my shake, I took 2 bites of my daughter who just came home with egg plant Parmesan, of cours fried covered with sauce and cheese, only two bites, about an inch or more each, went down fine, never been this sick, and now I know why u all call them foamies, hope it stops soon, it ten to 12pm. The pain comes, I burp and then it comes up, any one know or think they know. Whatever it is I hope this never happens again, everything has been so good till today, one other time I had pain, but no foamies, this sure sucks for sure, hubby in bed, daughter too, and here I sit miserable. Any help or knowledge or opinion as to why?
Lessoflinda
on 6/27/13 7:59 pm - NY

No advice, but, hope you feel better.

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

PetHairMagnet
on 6/28/13 1:37 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Okay, I had to laugh. Took 2 bites of your daughter? lol

Foamies sound horrid, I pray I do not get them.  Ack!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

noftessa0401
on 6/28/13 3:15 am - San Diego, CA
RNY on 12/27/12

It's caused by either the two large bites (an inch or more each) you took of the chicken parmesan, or the fact that you drank a protein shake afterwards.  You are either going to have to wait for the chicken parmesan to leave the pouch, or throw it up.

Next time, try taking significantly smaller bites of your food, ensuring that you chew thoroughly.  Also, this is one of the reasons that I don't drink after I eat - it hurts me and/or I get the foamies.  It could also be the breading or the fried part.  I know for me, melted mozzarella hurts my belly!!  People who just eat the toppings off the pizza (including the cheese) have my respect - I can't do that - it hurts too much, causes the foamies, and I eventually puke.  :(

I'm sorry this happened and hope that you are feeling better.  The foamies are le suck. 

HW: 274 | SW: 232 | CW: 137 | Goal: 145 (ticker includes a 42 pound loss pre-op) | Height: 5'4"

M1: -24 (205) | M2: -14 (191) | M3: -11 (180) | M4: -7 (173) | M5: -7 (166) | M6: -8 (158) | M7: -11 (147) | M8: -2 (145) | M9: -3 (142) | M10: -2 (140) | M11: -4 (136) | M12: -2 (134) | M13: -0 (134) | M14: -3 (131) | M15: +4 (135) | M16: +2 (137)

Katie K.
on 6/28/13 7:28 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
You ate your daughter?

Kristenselfs
on 6/28/13 9:49 am - PA
LOL I guess I was in so much pain, I didn't know what I wrote, yep I ate my daughters eggplant Parmesan, pain unbelievable for 3 hrs, passed out don't know why, pain continual who knows, I was sitting on the side of my couch, I don't know what happened, my son was up, luckily, I landed on the floor, he screamed didn't here him, he shook me, I came around 3 hrs, didn't get to bed till 2 am. Scary, finally threw up several times, and yep there was the eggplant (not my daughter, haha) , which I had not chewed well enough, breaded, skin and rich with cheese, will never do that again. Called, Dr, they agreed with what u said. Thank u, this site is awesome, will be here to help others, the further U get out from surgery the more u learn, what a learning curve we all go through. Thank u all.
CorKel6
on 6/28/13 4:24 pm

I hear foamies either come from a overfilled pouch or eating something your pouch isn't ready for... it's like the new way of throwing up.  I hope you feel better.  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics