Panniculus?

dintybinty
on 6/30/13 2:05 am

Does anyone know if Medicare and or medicaid will pay for this surgery after gastric bypass?

poet_kelly
on 6/30/13 2:12 am - OH

Usually only if there are medical problems, like rashes or infections, caused by the skin that won't go away with other treatment

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JenniPenny
on 6/30/13 3:20 am - MN

It may if you have a MEDICAL reason for the removal. Rashes, weight of skin causing pain elsewhere, etc. If you get rashes go to the dr. each time and get medication for it - that way it's in the records that it's causing further medical problems. If you have problems with the weight pulling on your back and causing pain have the doctor make note of that in your chart. If you have any other issues, bladder problems-unable to completely empty your bladder because of the hanging over part and the bladder is falling into the skin area inside report that, some get reccurring bladder infections from the skin hanging down and pressing on the bladder. Any medical problems associated with the excess skin there go to the doc. The more documentation on your particular problem the better chance your insurance will have it removed for medical reasons. good luck.

jen 11+ yrs post op RNY

Misspatstarr73
on 6/30/13 4:04 am - CA
Yes they will. Like the others said there must be a medical reason.

Miss Starr

BarBBi
on 6/30/13 7:34 am
I'm in Canada. I don't think I'll be covered but I believe we get a taxable deduction. If I'm paying, what's the going rate and what's the best type of surgery? Thinking of surgery in December 2014. Maybe a breast lift as well.
Candy V.
on 6/30/13 9:08 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I just had a consult and got a quote a few weeks ago.  It is 8600.00 for a TT, I believe about 5000.00 for pani only.  I got quote for BA, not a lift as I have had a previous reduction.  The BA was 5500.00.   Hope this helps.  These numbers include hospital, dr, and anestesia.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 367 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 288 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 463 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 378 views
Recent Topics