July 2nd, here and gone~~no problems so far~~

glamourqueen64
on 7/3/13 4:25 am - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Hi all! Just me, getting on a computer out in this floor lobby where I walk because the nook that I am browsing on won't let me to the "OH website" unless I download it like a moblie site and it is my mother's nook, so I am just as comfortable coming out of the room and doing it here!

Well, surgery was on time, although there was a problem with the pain meds after surgery. They had a morphine pain pump and I used it maybe three times and then I started to have "weird, vivid dreams" and my mother got scared for me. I took one more dose, and then "spiders were crawling on me" and that was it! My Dr. came and gave me Dalotta, which is more "buck" for the pain, and after about the third does of that, I just got toradol. So, am just on that, with hardly any pain now on this second day. Walked around the first day once. Got up about 4 a.m. and walked again, then at 10, 12, & 2 so far. I have to walk one more time today, but they said if I walk more, that is okay, as long as I am not too tired! I showed after getting my upper GI. It came back good, so now I am sipping slowly~2 ozs/hour~Then begin some more liquids tomorrow (clear broth, jello) before going home! On Friday, I will begin the liquid diet again until my post-op visit on July 17th!

I have had some hiccups and they do hurt. I have had some belching, and also slight gas, but not much in the way of pain. Oops, just passed my first gas~and it did not hurt! Found out I am quite low on magnesium. I have to go see my PCP for that. My mother is on a magnesium regimun because her body has a hard time keeping hers and she has never had baratric surgery. I noticed about a month and a hal*****hat my calves were feeling strange, so I ate more bananas for potassium. After the nurse gave me magnesium today, I have no funny feeling in my calves! Well, gotta go pee!

Just wanted to check in and let you all know that I weighed in on surgery day (yesterday) at 234. So, I dropped 8 lbs on the liquid diet! Best wishes to all my July 2nd ers!! Best wishes to all those those today and in this week! I am finally on the "loser's bench!" Give me some great advice, ladies and gentlement!!!! Here goes the rest of my life! angry

Connie

Teach64
on 7/3/13 6:11 am - OH
RNY on 07/01/13

Congrats Connie! My surgery went really well too:-) And now, finally, we are n the loser's bench!!! Yay! I came home this afternoon - now I'll get to sleep through the night - soreness in tummy, but nothing I can't handle (knock n wood!). Best to you. 

glamourqueen64
on 7/3/13 7:17 am - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Yep! Congrats on your going home! It will be nice to sleep through the night! Yes, soreness through the tummy, but I can live with that! Feels like I have done 1,000 sit-ups! Yep, all is well so far. tolerating the water just fine. walking around the halls just fine without any lightheadedness, or any problems. Yes, ma'am, we are finally on the loser's bench!!

Best wishes to you and if you would like to communicate, you can contact me at [email protected]. And, of course, you can see my name right there!! Take care, and hope to hear from ya!

Connie

PaintingJoy
on 7/3/13 11:05 am - GA
RNY on 05/20/13

Congratulations!  Sounds like you're doing really well.  I also had issues with pain meds after surgery.  I'm allergic to morphine, and the roxicet they gave me made me itch all over.  The dilaudid did the same thing; but the RN gave me benedryl about 15 minutes prior and that helped.  Off of all pain meds in 4 days.

I'm six weeks out now and couldn't be happier!  Wishing you much success!  This surgery is a lifesaver!

glamourqueen64
on 7/4/13 5:06 am - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Well, day two after surgery and just waiting on doctor to make rounds and discharge me! Still just on toradol and then have liquid loratab that was prescribed earlier in case any pain med is needed at home and that is in liquid form! I am happy that you are doing well now too! I am up walking around 5 and 6 times a day and would do more if the nurses would let me. But they don't want me to do too much. . I really don't feel like I have gone through a massive surgery , I only feel like I have done those 1.000 sit-ups and that is about all. I am tolerating the water, broth, crystal light and have not other complaints. Thanks for the best wishes and that goes back to you as well!

Connie

PetHairMagnet
on 7/3/13 11:12 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Do you mean Dilaudid? I have never heard of Dalotta. I tend to do REALLY well on dilaudid, personally!

Welcome to the bench! ;)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

glamourqueen64
on 7/4/13 5:15 am - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Yes, it was dilaudid, not dalotta. I had never heard of the stuff, so I was just guessing. I just knew it was spelled with a d and that was about it. I only took about two doses of that because that was too strong and gave me a massive headache, so I just got the toradol. Thanks for the welcome! I am going to be on here asking for advice and watching other's posts and replies since I live over an hour and 15 minutes to the nearest support group and my dcoctor's office said that if I was on here several nights a week, (and I have been since joining last December) they said that was fine as long as the information was reputable! So, this is going to be my support community. No replacement for my doctor, though! Thanks again for the welcome!

HW: 275.4     SW:  233     CW:  180    GW:  150

daisy142
on 7/3/13 2:20 pm - TX
Congratulations!!!

HW = 370

SW = 322

GW = 180

Lap RNY by Dr. Dana Reiss

E R.
on 7/3/13 5:39 pm - Switzerland

Congratulations! I am 1 month ahead of you. You are doing  well!

RNY:  4 June 2013

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views