3 DAYS POST OP!!!!

LovelyCreation
on 7/4/13 3:32 am - orlando, FL

Well today I am 3 days post op and I am having mild to moderate pain.  The biggest problem that I am having is all of this darn gas  it is putting pressure on my incisions. It is usually relieved by drinking hot tea or broth.  Otherwise everything else is fine.  I walk outside about four times a day (just two houses down and back), sipping on my clear liquids and just waiting for all this gas to leave.  I was told I can use gas-x but I am trying to avoid that.

I had my surgery  in Ocala done by Dr Salvador Ramos.  I stayed at the Ocala regional Medical Center  for two days and my care was awesome.  The medical staff are amazing.

dianemnc
on 7/4/13 4:18 am - NC

Sounds like you are doing pretty good, just got the call yesterday my surgery date is July 22nd!  I'm a little scare, freaked out and also excited.  Any helpful hints would be appreciated!  Diane

None Nope
on 7/4/13 4:34 am
RNY on 07/01/13

I had my surgery on the first of July and I am in the same boat as you. I have this one patch of gas that has been sitting on the right side of my chest. It makes my breathing exercises difficult to do, and its very painful when I get up and down. It had me scared last night because it hurt so bad I didn’t think it could be normal.

I’m cheering for you and hope your gas pain passes soon as well. 

Height: 5'9.5"    HW:   280    SW:   264   CW:  203    GW:   150 

Member Services
on 7/4/13 7:03 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations to all of you pre and post- op members!  Keep sharing your journey with all of us!

Teach64
on 7/4/13 8:35 am - OH
RNY on 07/01/13

Hi - I'm in same boat too! My surgery was also Monday 7/1. The pain feels like I did a whole lot of sit-ups. Warm seems to help with the gas pains (broth, tea, heating pad). Congrats to all of us, sitting pretty on the loser's benchangry

arkieprincess
on 7/4/13 9:45 am
RNY on 07/01/13
My surgery was on the 1st also. I have gained 10 pds since being in the hospital. I know it's from the IV fluids and the gas they pumped in. My abdomen is also really tight and bloated. I can't wait till I feel well enough to sleep in my bed.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 245 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics