What is the honeymoon faze... Not happening for me

Mph05mph06
on 7/10/13 4:04 pm
I had surgery 6/10... I have been pretty much stalled since week two... When does this honey moon gaze everyone talks about start?! I'm ready for it to "fall off"... Very frustrated!
ElaineM
on 7/10/13 4:49 pm

Hi I had my surgery 11/26/2011 lost 145 pounds and have kept it off. A lot of us stall at the start and you are still in the "What have I done Mode" that to shall pass. Be patient follow the food and protein rules and you will start moving again. Getting enough protein is the secret. I hated all the protein drinks and could hardly stand adding protein powder to any food. I began using Unjury Protein I buy the unflavored one and tolerate that very well add it to yogurt,  decaf coffee just about everything. You can only buy it online at Unjury.com they even have a sample pack you can buy if you think you may like flavored protein. Also the more you start moving that helps big time. I could not really exercise but started going 2-3 times a week to a gym that offered water exercise programs. Good luck and hope this helps. Just keep your chin up it will start falling off.   We all have doubts at the start don't let anyone tell you they didn't.

poet_kelly
on 7/10/13 8:32 pm - OH

You are in the honeymoon phase.  It's the first year or 18  months, when it's easiest to lose weight.  That does not mean the weight just "falls off" or that you lose weight every day or even every week, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Larry Wassmann
on 7/11/13 1:42 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

I think one of the best things we can do is to never ever even think about the honeymoon faze. Starting from day one you are on a diet and learning to live and eat in a much better way. Weight loss is just something that happens along the way, but unless you learn early on how to eat the right way it does not matter old ways will come back and so will the fat. Using the term honeymoon I think too many people think they can just coast for a year, eat the way they want to, not they way they supposed to because, hay this is the honeymoon faze and for a year or so the weight will come off. Partly true but if you don't use this time to learn a new life style you are not going to be successful in the long term in my mind.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 439 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 374 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 104 views
Forum Search Error & 404