NSV...I think

Missy A.
on 7/4/13 12:54 pm - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

So I was so excited in December when I was able to wear my wedding band again. It had been at least 13-14 years since I was able to wear it. Now just 6 short months later and it keeps falling off my finger to the point I decided to finally take it off tonight until I finish losing weight and get it resized or get a ringer sizer for it.  Ten months out, no stalls and still losing weight. Albeit slowly at this point, maybe a pound to a pound and a half a week, but nonetheless still losing.

Today was a pretty good day. My hubby and I went and walked around a lake which did a tremendous amount for my mood, but tomorrow he goes back to work and I'll be calling my therapist to see if I can get in sooner and get my meds adjusted. Thanks for all those that were so kind last night and helped me get a hold of my feelings. It truly is appreciated.

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

Karen R.
on 7/4/13 4:47 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

Hang in there!  And know that whenever you need support or just to vent, this place is here.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

martitalinda
on 7/5/13 12:40 am

Sorry I missed your post yesterday as I was not on the computer much and get on and off intermittently so sometimes I miss threads.... I am so glad that today is a better day ... Whatever it is you are or were going through remember that whatever comes it will also pass and it is okay to vent and/or talk and/or even write your feelings out if it helps you process whatever the issue or the feeling is...support is always available and you have mine too.... (((((((HUGS))))))) Congrats on the awesome NSV!!! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Rooleyboot
on 7/5/13 12:45 pm

Missy A. you used the same surgeon I did. Please message me on here. If you'd like, we can get together to walk or just talk. Guess what, I can't wear my wedding band either and I miss it soooooo much

PetHairMagnet
on 7/7/13 1:35 am
RNY on 05/13/13

YAY FOR YOU!

One thing you can do in the short term is have them put sizing beads in your ring. They are normally used for people with arthritis as they need the ring big enough to get over the gnarled joints in their fingers, but same concept will work for you.

Just be sure they use the same metal your ring is. So a platinum ring, platinum beads. I would say try two or three and add from there. Don't do all 6-8 at once.

Price is pretty low typically.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 771 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 374 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 501 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 153 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?