Constipation/Kidney Infection (TMI maybe)

Jennifer D.
on 7/5/13 7:57 am - Wareham, MA
RNY on 06/15/12

So.... on Monday I start taking some Miralax (I always take colace, but sometimes that isn't enough).  I was experiencing what felt like intestinal cramping related to constipation.  By Thursday when I had yet to experience relief I went for the enema.  Not much came out.  Then I was sure I had some sort of intestinal blockage and that this was going to be AWFUL.

Today I went to the doctor where I found out I have a kidney infection!  Nausea, loss of appetite, fever, chills, intestinal pain, back pain.... and no blockage!   (I'm on antibiotics now, he promises the discomfort should be lessened by tomorrow).

I wanted to share in case this helps any of you in the future... I never would have thought all those things could come from a kidney.

Band #1... 2006 Band #2 (revision) 2008 RNY 6/15/12 (revision).    Third time is the charm!  7/30/13 BL/TT/Thigh Lipo.  THE END!!!

_nicky_
on 7/5/13 8:48 am - OK
RNY on 06/25/13

Wow! Glad the doctor got it figured out and I hope you feel better fast!

5'6"   HW: 297   SW: 274   CW: 194   GW: 135

Total loss: 103 lbs    Surgery loss: 80 lbs    Left to lose: 59 lbs

patlivs
on 7/5/13 12:48 pm

I was wondering if i could have kidney infection because i have a pain on my left side and it travels around to my back. I also am worried about constipation just because i havent gone in 3 days. i  had been going every other day. i don't have chills or fever though and now im resorting to prunes. I feel like i should go at least every other day. i also  have a pain right below my belly button if i strain. Maybe im just a worrying too much. Thanks for sharing

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics