2 Months Into my Journey

adamlandreth
on 7/6/13 11:27 am - NC

I went to my very first consultation and nutrition meeting on 5/6/13...two months ago today.  My doctor and team were great to get me though all the required assessments, evaluations, etc and have my surgery completed on 6/25/13.  My highest weight was 341 in January of this year...on 5/6/13 I weighed in at 331.8 and on the day of surgery I was 302.  Today, I am 280--I have lost 51 pounds in two months and am less than 2 weeks post-op.  I feel like my life is soaring to new heights!

I am excited to get my walking in, my family are thrilled and are really encouraging me, and I've even began dating a girl.  I'm a 26 year old man with the rest of my life ahead of me and it looks so much brighter because of the strides the tool has allowed me to make.  I have no hunger what so ever at this stage.  I've not had any pain, nausea--no problems with staying hydrated...it has been a breeze recovery so far.

I just wanted to share a positive story for the pre-ops--life it about to go to a new level and it is awesome!

Adam

It comes down to a simple question: what do you want out of life, and what are you willing to do to get it?

PetHairMagnet
on 7/6/13 12:20 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

That is wonderful! I had my surgery 5/13 of this year and am loving the changes!

If you are in the Charlotte area, you can join the support group that meets monthly at Dr. Melkonian's office on Randolph Road. Support in person, on the phone and places like this message board are VERY helpful!

We are pretty close in phases. 331 Jan 2, 289 day of surgery and 253 as of last Monday.

LOVING this!!

Glad you have started dating, too! YAY!!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Katie K.
on 7/6/13 9:22 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

I was on June 25 as well. Glad you're doing well!

Caroline K.
on 7/7/13 12:41 am

That's fabulous! Congratulations!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views